Does a cheater deserve a second chance?

What do you think? Would you give someone a second chance if the cheated on you because they thought you were cheating on them?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• For me it depends on the circumstances around the cheating, how sorry they are, and how I find out. If they are not sorry, the answer is no. If they actively sought it out, the answer is most likely no. If I find out from someone else and they have not tried to tell me, then I will probably cut it off.

If the answer is that they are incredibly sorry, I might give them one more chance. If they didn't seek it out (like getting drunk at a party), I probably would give them another chance especially if they tell me. However they will be on thin ice from that point on until the trust is back.

• Maybe. It's difficult to come back from that. Both parties need to be committed to rebuilding the relationship. If they genuinely are, it can work but takes a lot of time and effort.
    However, someone who cheats just because they think their partner is , is probably not going to have the character to rebuild such a relationship.

• What if he is proving otherwise and feels absolutely terrible about it.

• Well, only you can decide whether you can live with this (if this is a personal question) . Only you can decide if he's worth keeping.
      There's nothing wrong with trying to rebuild if that's what you both truly want. It's not for everyone, and sometimes these things happen for a reason. But noone should judge, either way, is a personal decision.

• Not only no but fuck no

• That's quite the childish excuse honestly.
    I'd say no.

• You can decide that. For me it depends on the circumstances, but it's like a small chance that I'll give another chance, trust has been broken

• no absolutely never under any circumstances ever

• NO. Essentially what you are saying was that he didn't trust you, then did something incredibly trust destroying. they sound like a toxic person you do NOT want in your life.

• Yes. Everyone makes a mistake. Just make it clear the next time there is no next time.

• no never.
    when she says. it was the alcohol. okay yeah but it was here choice to drink it and she should know how she would react on alcohol. so her fault there are no excuses

• They always say, "once a cheater always a cheater"

I'd say no

• A very common phrase and something I believe in following.

• It would be one of those things that will always stick to the back of your mind. Yeah, maybe that will not happen again but.. there's that though of "what if"

• Yes there is. "What if he does" and also "What if he doesn't"

• No. Giving them a second chance, means you're giving them a second chance to cheat... cause the will cheat.

• Nope it's bye bye. had an ex do it and kicked her right out of the house. yes everyone makes a mistake. however, if you truly love that person you won't cheat. We dated for two years and I never once thought about cheating on her. her doing it was proof she did not love me as I loved her.

• No i don't have mercy for cheaters

• only if you want to get cheated on again.

What Girls Said 5

• no, it will be over for me... i wouldn't want to put my health at risk, because they are out whoring around. nope its over. honestly its over if they commit any act of disrespect towards me... period.

• I would never take a cheater back.

• I always give a second chance. I don't think it's right and I don't think it's deserved, but I do. So a cheater definitely does not deserve one, but I'd give some more chances away.

• never. i don't care how much love i have for you.

• I would never give them a second chance