I want to go crazy, but probably shouldn't?

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years. He's been a jerk lately. I have this huge award from my workplace and I'm being honored at a fancy banquet. I asked my boyfriend to be my +1, and he said he'll see. Well, the event is this weekend and I texted him 2 days ago, no response. I called him yesterday and it went to voicemail. He's been active on fb so I know he's alive and ok. I called today and I told him I've been trying to get in touch with him for the past 3 days, he says "ok.". I asked him why he didn't respond and he goes "I dunno". Well I told him he obviously isn't interested in speaking to me so I hung up. I want to go over there and yell at him and call him scum. He's known for being a jerk at times. I've wanted to leave but my stupid feelings keep getting in the way. This time I had enough and I'm very heated. What's the right thing to do in this situation? I also have a lot of clothes at his place and would love to get them back. Last month he didn't get or do anything for my birthday after I took him on a racetrack with a Porsche for his bday. He also said he couldn't go take a 3 day trip to the beach with me because he can't get days off from work, but his friend asked if he wanted to go to this car show in another state and he took off a week to go. I thought he was cheating, but I'm with him a lot and his phone is always unlocked and he leaves it out. I feel like he wouldn't do that if he was. I don't know... I just am ready to end this. I realize my self esteem has to be low for me to deal with him.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Go with a female friend and get your stuff out of there. Dont bring a guy unless there is already going to be a physical confrontation with U and him.

Most Helpful Girl

• i see a green eyed monster. he jealous of your work accomplishments. plain and simple. he's acting out like a toddler throwing a tantrum and he is taking it out on you by being an insensitive jerk. forget about your clothes in his house. dump him, buy a whole new wardrobe and just go on without him. he's weighing you down. if he loves you truly, he will wake up to his senses and make up for all his shortcomings. you have tried hard enough. you cannot change a man unless he wants to change himself. congrats on your award!

What Guys Said 5

• have you maybe considered asking him whats going and whats with the attitude. I just got dumped from a 5yr relationship for being fairly similar in attitude. He's not a jerk, he's just a dude dealing with his part of being in this longterm relationship too. Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable meeting all your work colleagues or something. I can't say for sure the dynamics of your relationship and as individuals, but communication is always the key. If they do not want to respond in a way that makes the relationship better, then they dont really care.

• I'll try to see if maybe something is bothering him

• Dont type such big question. Hard to read. Anyways, you boyfriend is stubborn because something is troubling him. Asking can solve the problem , because you will know what THE PROBLEM is actually and can address it. But it in most cases talking doesn't work because people are afraid to express their feeling (yes true, even from their partner). I suggest you to observe him. Check is phone (90% it will work). Casual spying. Observe his moment. Search for clues. I don't want to type more... if you want some spying advice. message me.
    So , this is pretty much it. You can't solve a problem if you don't know what the problem is.

• lets get out of this relation. he has no interest in you. I think he has no feelings for u. why u waste time in him

• Yes, throw a Tanzanian Devil style tantrum in his house. Proven to solve every problem ever

• Never said I was going to do that, I only said that's how I felt. The question was what is the right way to act. You failed to answer that, and instead decided to be rude.

• he sounds like an insensitive jerk, who may be jealous of your career success. if he is treating you like this after 5 years, it's time to trade up

What Girls Said 1