We broke up. Should we leave it alone or who should initiate contact?

I was dating this guy who was in one of my college classes. He was one of the sweetest guys I had met at first and we were basically like each other's best friend by constantly texting, talking, hanging out almost every day. However, we both mutually ended it (even though I initiated the breakup) after a while and it was his idea to continue to be friends, which I agreed to. Even afterwards, we were talking and studying together. Suddenly, he went MIA on me and wouldn't communicate with me. When I saw him in person, he said he didn't want to lead me on. But we talked and worked it through and agreed to not make it awkward. Fast forward a couple of weeks later, we were supposed to have a study session but ended up having sex. And after it was over, he told me not to go and catch feelings. I asked him a couple of days later if he wanted to hook up and he basically kept saying yes but then made excuses like "I'm too tired," last second. So I got annoyed of the inconsistency and mixed messages so I stopped talking to him. He tried to hit on a couple of girls in front of me and even got their phone numbers. At this point, I started seeing someone else and posted it on social media to kind of brag about my relationship. He saw my posts and blocked me off of everything the same night. This made no sense considering he told me he wanted me see other people and didn't want to hold me back. I felt bad about the whole thing at some point (making him jealous) and wanted to make sure he was okay. But do I just leave him alone for good or do I wait for him to contact me later on? Am I supposed to contact him? I'm just really confused about the whole thing.
1
2