Tips for going to a concert alone when ex will be there as well?

I'm 19. So I am going to my second concert tomorrow. I was supposed to go with my friend, but. she can't go anymore. So I'm just gonna go alone because I already bought the ticket and everything.
The only thing is my ex is going to be there. He's one of the promoters of the event. I broke up with him 5 weeks ago because the way hr was treating me. I'm scared and hope I don't bump into him because what if he comes with someone.. and I'm over by myself. Plus my mom is overprotective and she doesn't know that I'm gonna be by myself... ugh.

12

What Guys Said 2

• It's a concert focus on that and enjoying yourself. thinking about an ex is never a good thing and anticipating the worst does prepare u but isn't necessary. 5 weeks and already with another girl? If that's truly the case it's more than time for u to be moving on and find someone who treats u right. look at it as a concert is a great way to meet someone new that likes similar music ✌

• Whatever happens, it won't make any difference in the long run :) Go and have fun! Who cares what he thinks? ;)

What Girls Said 1

• I feel like you should go and have sooo much fun, but I also think you shouldn't go alone but it's not safe; not in today's world. Us girls gotta be careful!

• I know. And what's ironic is I went to my first concert with my ex and got pepper sprayed. I really want go as I have been taking a class all summer & it barely ended yesterday. I know I will see acquaintances. Plus if it's worst case scenario, my parents can wait in the parking lot cus it's 5 hrs.

• Plus my aunt will be there.

• I'd say definitely, if you don't wanna be with, just be near your aunt for safety. 👍🏼