Is having sex with one person before "the dating label" with another cheating?

I was dating this guy and he had sex days before we were official. I am a virgin and he knows this topic would bother me so he chose to lie about it to me until I found out the news on my own. Once I confronted him he came clean about everything. However, that seriously hurt me. Is there anyway to get over this or is it time I try to move on?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• U can try and get over it but don't have sex with him for a while until u trust him fully. you're also entitled to leaving him, personally I wish I had waited to have sex with another virgin it's just a better way to start but in the end it's your decision based on how u know him but value yourself

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah it kinda is. people need to be up front with intention and give the other person to decide if they want to sleep with someone who is already sleeping with someone.

What Guys Said 3

• He's a proven liar what do you think?

• your a virgin that is gonna be hard for, you I am sure

• no it's not cheating if your not dating but he didn't have to lie about it. I agree with the moving on because if he lied about that what else is he gonna lie about.

What Girls Said 2

• 'he had sex days before we were official'
    .. you weren't officially together. That's something that is true, regardless of whether you were a virgin or had slept with countless guys in the past. So no; he didn't cheat on you.

The best way to get over it is to just stop dwelling on it. Stop spending time + energy thinking about how badly he hurt you. the more you victimize yourself (when he did nothing wrong in the first place), the more you'll draw out this hurtful feeling.

• been there. I would personally leave