So my ex boyfriend has started speaking to me again, and wants to hang out? He has a girlfriend.

My first love and I broke up nearly a year ago for several reasons; he slipped into a hard-partying/alcohol drinking/pot smoking mode and things changed. We started fighting all the time about dumb stuff, and he knew I didn't like what he was doing (drinking a lot and such). He was also under a lot of pressure from his parents because he was starting to apply to colleges that fall, and I am a year younger so I wasn't.

Things have since moved on since the break up, I feel like I am in a really good place in my life, I have a great job, good friends, about to be a senior in high school (woohoo!). My ex has since gotten another girlfriend, they have been dating for about 2 months. Recently, he started texting me; before, when we spoke, I was always the one to initiate contact (trust me I made a LOT of post-breakup no-no's) but this time he did it. He was asking me all about my job and life and such, and suggested we go out for lunch sometime next week.

I really don't know why he all the sudden wants to get together, but I have several theories: 1) During our relationship, we were sexually active. I don't know if he is sleeping with her, but the odds are no. Perhaps he wants a romp in the hay? Haha. 2) He is insecure and nervous about leaving for college. 3) He genuinely wants to catch up and chit chat and be friends. Cool, I can take it or leave it.

Any opinions, comments are welcome. I just don't understand this boy at all.
0
2