What to do after 6 years of loving a person that doesn't love you back?

*inhales... exhales* ok guys... so ove been with this guys since high school. we are both out of high school now with a 4 year old son. i have been through soooo much with this guy. cheating, beatings, verbal abuse, losing family and friends due to me not wanting to leave him. I catch him texting other girls all the time... he doesn't claim me at all. he tells them im just his baby mama 😒 we live together you guys. i left him once but he followed me... after a year of trying to make it work at my moms house with him and my family... we packed up everything we had n mpved to another staye where his family is. i must say i wasn't sure if i shouldve left when he first asked but i love him... i can't see myself without him. Now that we are here in this new state, i have caught him texting other girls, from reading the texts he has spent time with some... when we argue he says that he doesn't want a girlfriend but something in me won't let him go. even if i wanted to i feel as if i wouldn't be able to stand on my own now that i am here in a new state and have no family or friends. idc what to do you guys...

my family baxk home won't say anything to me 😔 i have a great job here in the new state and we just got an apartment together but i can't continue to wake up unhappy and feeling unwanted. i came up with a plan to save up some money n move into a hotel until i can find my own place but without his car ill have no way to get back an forth to work place getting my kid to school n home everyday 😔 smh

110

Most Helpful Guy

• I just don't understand why girls would remain in these kind of "relationships". I mean, where is your self respect, where is your self worth? Do you not value yourself? Sadly, this is an all too common situation with females these days.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand you've a great job, but you should go back home and take your child with you. Your parents will probably welcome the chance to meet the grandchild and help out. He will certainly have a better life with a mom who has pride and grandparents who love him.

Unfortunately, it seems you're not really that keen in leaving that 'boyfriend' and that is why you insist on staying there.
    He's a bad, evil man. He has done enough to hurt you, your family and friends, and there is NO love there. There is NO future.
    Stop wasting your time and your life.

What Guys Said 9

• use the balls on your chest and get your own place. it'll suck for a while, but you need to love yourself. if he cheated on you, just go, he doesn't value you and all you are to him is a piece of ass when he can't get any from a side chick, for all you know, you're the side chick.

• Find another guy. And love yourself. You have a good job and you are bringing up a kid. You are obviously a very capable person. You must be confident and believe in yourself.

• Stop looking at him woman. Start looking at yourself, take care of yourself and love yourself. it okay woman as long as u there when he need you, he'll fall right back into your arms. But, stop looking at him. Start to spent some quality time with yourself.

• He sounds like a loser. As soon as I see the word 'beating' I think that. You deserve to be treated with respect and loyalty if you're in a relationship with someone. You can do it by yourself :-) and you might even find someone better out there , who deserves you.

• if you leave he still takes care of your child so let him do that. It's his child to so he can take him to school or provide transportation cost. you have no excuse to stay if u want out so don't make any.
    first thing you have to do is think about you and stop with the excuses.

• cut all contact unexpectedly, he will think about his actions for years to come and feel awful about them.

• why don't you suck it up and grab the kid and move back home you keep telling yourself that you can't live without him but you can

• Get away.
    Clearly you're not the only girl to him and any sort of abuse shouldn't be tolerable.
    Open your eyes, he's a moron.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!