How do I get over my ex-boyfriend?

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for a few months before I ended it in July. I was sick of his immaturity and felt trapped in that relationship (also there was a lot going on and I couldn't handle a boyfriend). Apparently, he sobbed for hours afterwards, I felt terrible, and that was that. A month later he asked my best friend out, because they "bonded" over him talking about our relationship. I regretted my decision to break up with him then, and thought we could get back together. I missed his personality, and him in general. Everyone found it extremely weird that he liked my best friend, and she thinks it was just a rebound crush. I know that I broke up with him for a reason, and if we did get back together (which I know is impossible, he thought I was aloof and cold. He thought our relationship was weird, as he told my friend), I would regret it. He and I are in the same group of friends, so it's not like I can avoid hanging out with him. I just want to evaporate my feelings for him. Answers much appreciated!
How do I get over my ex-boyfriend?
Add Opinion