How do I get over my ex-boyfriend?

My ex-boyfriend and I dated for a few months before I ended it in July. I was sick of his immaturity and felt trapped in that relationship (also there was a lot going on and I couldn't handle a boyfriend). Apparently, he sobbed for hours afterwards, I felt terrible, and that was that. A month later he asked my best friend out, because they "bonded" over him talking about our relationship. I regretted my decision to break up with him then, and thought we could get back together. I missed his personality, and him in general. Everyone found it extremely weird that he liked my best friend, and she thinks it was just a rebound crush. I know that I broke up with him for a reason, and if we did get back together (which I know is impossible, he thought I was aloof and cold. He thought our relationship was weird, as he told my friend), I would regret it. He and I are in the same group of friends, so it's not like I can avoid hanging out with him. I just want to evaporate my feelings for him. Answers much appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• You want him because he moved on when you thought he'd be sad and struggling without you. You had that power over him and you lost it which doesn't feel good.
    You don't really want him, you just want to feel powerful again.

Remind yourself of the reasons you ended it, how you were feeling that made you want to break it off and begin to move on.

• Thank you, this really helped a lot. Wow, I didn't even know I thought that but after you said it i realized that's exactly it.

What Guys Said 5

• face your feelings and convince yourself that it's over no more feelings for that guy because of reasons. the heart and the brain are in war now because of that so you need make your brain an ally to overcome this.

• You should start dating when you become at least 16 and preferably an older man. I always say that you are too mature for your age.

• Start loving yourself?

• because he wasn't understand you.

• get a new boyfriend... i mean wait for a month or so then start dating again

What Girls Said 0