I know he doesn't like me but why behave like this?

This guy I work with - we were texting/sexting for months but he adbruptly put a stop to everything saying he needed space. He then got back in touch 6 months later saying he realised he made a mistake and actually wants a relationship with me. I was so happy as I liked him very much. He was hot for a week and insisted I meet him at his flat on the weekend but couldn't as had plans. He then went nasty and cold. I should mention we have never actually been on a date. I asked him why the sudden coldness and he said he's permanently exhausted (from work and life), trying to get into a relationship with me shouldn't be this stressful, and that he doesn't want a girlfriend right now. I was shocked and confused but said okay. I've heard nothing from him since. I was devastated and cried many nights. A few weeks later I see him with another girl and find out that's his new girlfriend (also from where I work) This broke me terribly. I was tempted to lash out but kept the rage inside. Everytime he sees me tho he gives me a long angry death stare. I smile but nothing is returned so now I avoid him. I want to block him of everything but don't want to come across as if I'm hurting especially since I see him daily. I'm a mix of emotions but why is he behaving like this?
I know he doesn't like me but why behave like this?
Add Opinion