Have you blocked your ex? Why and why not? If not, do you still talk to them? Why? How did it go?

I blocked all my exes because I do not want to hear from them again and I do not need them to see my activities nor I want to see their business. It is better to shut them down because once you dumped me or I dumped you, the chapter of us is finished. I cannot be friends with exes especially if I still have lingering feelings. I do not think it is childish. It is my way of healing and moving on.

169

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm gonna voice my opinion. Take it how you will. You may or may not talk to your ex once things end between both of you but that doesn't mean they won't always think of you to some degree. It may seem silly to some but I still talk to my ex as a friend because I care about her. I'd rather her be in my life to some degree then completely lose contact with her. Yea it may hurt to see them date other people and you may or may not ever get a chance at their heart again. What makes her happy makes me happy. As long as the guy is treating her the way she is supposed to be treated then everything is good.

• such a gentleman. but as long as i haven't fully recovered from the break up, I cannot just talk to my ex and pretend I want him back coz i do. we cannot just be friends and talk like we are both good. maybe not now but later on when him and i both recovered. I care about him too that is why I'd rather distance myself before I end up hurting him and myself again. Being friends with an ex after a fresh break up is like opening old wounds especially the cut is still raw.

Most Helpful Girl

• no.
    I mean, I did unfriend him immediately after the breakup as I couldn't handle seeing frequent updates on him in the wrecked state I was in at the time. I might've blocked him for a short while too (like ~2 months or something?)

Soon after, I unblocked him for no real reason other than that I felt like I'd reach a state of accepting the shitshow that'd gone down and led to the breakup. He messaged me with a few paragraphs saying that he was really sorry. That he knew he must've hurt me but he'd hope if we could still be friends. (which I kindly declined as I can't see myself being friends with someone who cheated on me but.. it was a nice gesture on his part nonetheless.)

• He was sorry for cheating?

• did you reply? how did it go?

• I just thanked him for the apology but that I didn't really have any wish to be friends with him.

What Guys Said 8

• No, because I love her, and I would do anything to be in contact with her again and be her boyfriend.

• even if it means you hurting each other again? yes she loves you too but you guys end up going back to the how you guys used to be?

• Well, let's hope. If she never does, then she'll deal with the consequences of that. I hope she can be happy, but I doubt she will be.

• I saw her new boyfriend, and it's not going to end well, quite frankly. I hope it ends before it's too late for her.

• I unfriended the girl i was recently dating on snapchat, but still follow all her other social media stuff. She sent me snaps on accident of her having fun, and just random ones, my snapchat is for closer friends, not everybody. Probably would be healthiest to delete her off of all of my social media stuff though honestly, i still check her pages sometimes though i try not to

• Do what you like, though I do think if they call and want some closure it might be best to give them some, but other than that, I get why you'd block them.

• we have been through so many closure talks, we tried to be best friends but still acted like lovers and stuff, but it all boils down to one thing - we are not together anymore and we both free to date someone else. and that hurts like hell. we ended up fighting anyways. so we just let it go for the nth time and i think this time is for good. I miss him so much and I hated the fact i gave him too many chances to come back. he said i love you goodbye to me but told me to message him anytime. his last email was so sad. he recalled all our good times, everything he loves and miss about me. I did not reply anymore and blocked him everywhere. I cannot do this anymore

• Yeah I get that then. Probably blocking is for the best when you still have strong feelings and exes continue to bother you.

• To avoid them

• its wise step

• the best goodbye is to never look back. if you are in to never meet/date/think again.

• Totally agree. Yeah, and I've been told it was immature to block or not be friends. No way.

• That's my way too

What Girls Said 15

• I haven't blocked any of them, because I feel no need. I'm not in any contact with them. If they want to stalk my life on social media, it's their choice. I have moved on ages ago.

• I delete/block them while I am in my healing process.. because i have no control at not looking at their page etc. however , I unblock when i feel i have healed.. some I actually become friends with later on.. others don't bother me anymore.. and one is still blocked.

• His new wife and I are very good friends. I introduced them.

• I always block and delete everything. Much like you I don't think they need to know what's going on in my life or what I'm doing.

• i blocked them but then unblocked. I like the no hate atmosphere. Right now I talk to two exs and its fine. Sort of becoming friends.

• I have only blocked my big ex. He tried to get back together despite me telling him that I'm dating someone else. Couldn't take no for an answer, so I blocked him.

• I only have one, and haven't blocked him. Even though I don't miss a moment from that relationship, I don't think he deserves to be hated. We don't talk to each other since I broke it off. But no block was put on. But some of my friends had done that, if the other person doesn't respect your decision

• I'm still friend with one of them, and I'm in good term with the other but we don't talk

• I'd probably just unfriend them

• I blocked my exes and it felt much better not knowing what he was doing and who he was doing it with

• I have one x and I'm still friends with him.

• I've only blocked an ex once, only because he kept annoying me to hook up one last time. The rest of my exes (which have only been like five), I'm friends with. Not immediately after the break up tho. Some of them blocked me. Some I unfriended but didn't block. But we all eventually ended up being friends. Not close. But a simple hello when we see each other in public (I live in a small town). I have them on my social media accounts and we like each other's posts and stuff but that's it. No hanging out or anything

• I don't block them because I think that's a little childish. And I have enough self control not to contact them. But I also don't talk to them at all.

• It's not childish if it's part of the healing process.

• @Silverware true that. i just unblocked him. I have accepted the fact, I am good now without him whether he texts me or not. what matters most now is me.

• I only block my exes if my exes blocked me.

• Just the recent ones or the ones who keep harassing me. I'll be a friend but I won't be here for them to play with