At what point should you give up hope on pursuing someone you truly love?

I'm really quite terrible at moving on, and I've never been so in-love with another person before. We had such great chemistry and big plans together, but she blocked me over something stupid and has yelled at me to never contact her friends or her and that it's embarrassing.

I'm sorry, but that's not the end of it. I'm far too emotionally-invested in her, and I love her to death. The thought of me or her with someone else is repulsive and disgusting, and I dream about her every night and think about her all day, every day. I'm going to contact her in a few months to try to build a relationship again, and it's going to be excruciatingly hard to wait that long, but I'll do it because of how much I love her.

At what point do you just give up hope? Moving on will take many, many years, perhaps five or more, and I'm not going to do that until I know for a fact I'm fighting a lost cause. Question is, how do you find that out?
1
3