At what point should you give up hope on pursuing someone you truly love?

I'm really quite terrible at moving on, and I've never been so in-love with another person before. We had such great chemistry and big plans together, but she blocked me over something stupid and has yelled at me to never contact her friends or her and that it's embarrassing.

I'm sorry, but that's not the end of it. I'm far too emotionally-invested in her, and I love her to death. The thought of me or her with someone else is repulsive and disgusting, and I dream about her every night and think about her all day, every day. I'm going to contact her in a few months to try to build a relationship again, and it's going to be excruciatingly hard to wait that long, but I'll do it because of how much I love her.

At what point do you just give up hope? Moving on will take many, many years, perhaps five or more, and I'm not going to do that until I know for a fact I'm fighting a lost cause. Question is, how do you find that out?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the person, but I think you should stop trying when the other person won't communicate with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you find that out? It's up to you, the individual. Every situation is different and it's not really self evident for everyone every time. If she broke up with me or I broke up with her, I'm moving on the next day. Literally. It's not difficult at all for me to move on. Okay, maybe not a day. But, a week or two tops and I'll have my life together. I think because I value things like my career more sometimes than intimacy. They're tied, but working something I love WILL make me happier and make me forget about whatever it is that's bugging me

• Yeah, I'm not even close to getting over her, and it's been four weeks.

• I can't move on just yet. I really, really love her.

• 😑😐
      Give it time. You'll be fine

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• How the fuck do you fall in love with someone online?

• When you stop truly loving them

• Then it's going to be a while.

• You'd be surprised. Man up!

• Man up and force yourself to stop loving someone?

When I start loving someone, it's basically a life-long bond.