Should I give my ex his things back?

We broke up in a nasty way because he treated me poorly. Instead of saying sorry he texted me the other day saying he wants his stuff back and the gifts he gave me. It's not like it's his shirt or something, it's presents he gave me specifically and he wants it all back? Should I just wrap them up and drop them outside his house without a word?

There is a chance he is saying this to find a way to see me or rope me back in again. I was thinking of dropping them off before he can say anything and texting him "dropped them off here" to keep it disconnected so he doesn't try to see me again.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. You are not obligated to return things which he gave to you as gifts, but I have found that it is the easiest way to resolve a relationship if my ex makes such a request.

2. You can package those things and leave them with one of his friends or relatives. Then ask the friend or relative to let him know that they have those things.

3. Block the guy on all media and avoid all contact. This move ("Hey! Return all my shit, dammit!") is a sign that this is a toxic relationship and you need to make this break as clean and final as possible.

• How is it a toxic relationship? Cause he's just being manipulative and spiteful?

• You said it was a nasty break up
      You said he treated you poorly
      Trying to reclaim things that he gave you as gifts is very spiteful

Most Helpful Girl

• Just give him them back. You don't have to see him again then

What Guys Said 6

• Dropping his items off in a box sounds like a Mature thing to do.
    You have my respect.

• here's a fine text to send him "go fuck urself, you treated me like shit and now you're gonna learn the hard way what you've lost congrats" add a little wink emoji on the end of that text to. and no don't give him anything back

• if he's making that much of a stink, just give it to him. your idea of just pushing it and dropping it at his place seems ok. if you know his schedule drop it just before him coming home or leaving. if it's something of value or a lot of stuff, meet with a friend of his that you might be able to trust and pass it along that way.

• legally anything that is given as a gift is legally yours you don't have to give them back. Pettiness isn't very flattering I would tell him to lose all contact with you and tell him he can't get back what he gave.

• yeah just put it all on his doorstep, and set it on fire

• Burn that shit and send him a snap chat.

media.giphy.com/media/yr7n0u3qzO9nG/giphy.gif

• Not to be nosy... how bad did he treat you?

• Aka chose his alcohol addiction over me.

• That's terrible Helpha. If he is a person who might get violent, you should give him back everything because you don't want to put yourself in a dangerous situation. So if i were you, I'll pack all the stuff, get a friend and go over to his place... drop it off outside and leave. You don't have to tell him anything.

What Girls Said 1

• I kept everything he gave me and returned his things. Drop them off where his things can't be seen, or ruined