Is Keeping Yourself Isolated Is Normal After a Break Up?

• Yes
    75%(3)75%(9)Vote75%(6)
  • No
    25%(1)25%(3)Vote25%(2)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but it's the worst thing to do.

You must never socially isolate yourself, ever. Especially after a breakup.

You need the interaction between people to get you going and to start bringing back your social life together.

Isolating yourself is just going to make you think about your ex even more and cause worse feelings. You need the support of your friends or even just people in general that can serve as a distraction etc.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes and no. Yes, if the isolation is a means of getting over the person and focusing on bettering yourself. No, if the isolation occurs as a result of becoming depressed after the break up.

• yes it's normal

• last time I had a break up, someone told me the best thing to do was be present. I guess if you're feeling you need some time alone, do it.. but do something nice for you with that alone time.

What Guys Said 2

• That's recommended for me because in this period feelings and emotions need to be put back where they belong and to do that you need to be isolated. That's my thought.

• Perfectly. Oftentimes just being around other people is enough to remind you of your ex, so taking a lot of time to yourself may be needed.