Is it normal to become less attracted to your partner over time?

Been feeling this lately. Just wanted to know it this is normal or has happened to you?

2733

Most Helpful Guy

• I was with my wife 25 years and 4 days. I have known her since Jan 10, 1989. I find her as amazingly beautiful today as the first day I saw her walk out of her house. So no, I don't think that it is normal in any way. When your in a long term relationship, the intensity of your relationship evens out and has up and downs. It does not stay the same as the "honeymoon" period...

Most Helpful Girl

• It happens, but it's never normal. There is something really wrong if you lost attraction to who you're with. I'm not talking about sexual wise outside of marriage because I personally don't agree with it. Marriage is a whole different story. But if you are having so much of an issue then this is something you need to question. Your relationship shouldn't be based on feelings and emotions. That's number 1. Number 2, if your relationship started out of lust, that is a sign that breakup is imminent because you can't love a person without lusting for their body, according to you. That should never have to be. Your relationship should be based on love that you are willing to provide and give that person. You should love them for their personality, not their looks. Obviously, if you didn't like how they look then why are you with them? That shouldn't be important if this is that. If your that contemplative, then you need to have a sit down with that person and talk to them. See where they feel the relationship is going. Getting stronger, neutral, or falling apart? If you can't talk it out peacefully, then it's best to say it's over. Relationships shouldn't have to be where you give up over silly things if it's petty. You should still always communicate with your partner about these things. That's what they are there for.

• Again, remember people who lust after they are looking or are already with often lose attraction 200% faster IMHO than people who always loved them but felt something is off about the relationship. That's why you have to get into a relationship for all the right reasons.