Which would you rather?

what would you do if your spouse wasn't a great cook? would you tell them and not eat the food? or would you just not say anything and pretend to like it?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, it depends on why it's bad. If they're undercooking the chicken and I'd be going out on a limb to be nice by eating it, I would tell them that it wasn't safe to eat. I once had a partner leave out a pan of cooked ground beef, to feed his two younger siblings, out overnight until it had a weird crust to it... I told him it was disgusting and would likely make us all sick. Thankfully, I may have prevented some food poisoning there. This guy had no sense with cooking anyway, this wasn't the first of last time I had to tell him something like this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to have to eat their shitty food for the rest of my life, if I don't be honest and tell them it's bad. I'll be honest and offer to cook instead.

What Guys Said 6

• That was great honey... just don't make it again.
    Hmmm... it's burnt.
    Did you really use cinnamon instead of cumin in the chile?
    It's raw inside.
    Was this something from leftovers?
    Gee, this tastes like shit.

Real comments from over the years. :)
    But she's a GREAT cook, and loves to please. If you want to learn to cook you CAN! Just do it.

• well I can cook so no worries

• I'd tell her that we can cook together

• "Look, I'll handle the cooking, okay?"

• i am not picky eater , anything can taste good as long as i am hungry enough
    i choose second option

• I would cook more often and she can do some other household task instead. Just trade off.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!