Would you date your best friend's ex?

Say everyone is on good terms and your best friend and their partner decided to end things for the better, would you be against dating their ex simply because they were with your friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know most people say "no, bro code!" But honestly I never understood that. Who the fuck cares? Date who you want, I know I would want my best friend to follow her heart and be happy. If those thoughts don't flow through her head as well I wouldn't want to remain best friends.

What Guys Said 17

• No never. I would consider her off limits. I got a very close circle and bros before hoes definitely applies. There are too many single/soon to be single women out there to go after instead. A guy willing to do that speaks volumes about his character.

• Yeah I get that. I was just curious. How would you react if you found out that the breakup was actually because of circumstances like one party being harmful to the other, would that change your mind? I just find the different situations and opinions interesting.

• Not for me, loyalty to friends trumps feels. But do not let me discourage you from trying to be happy, you should seek what your heart desires and I wish you luck.)

• I understand! I'm just curious, it doesn't really pertain to me but I've had friends in situations like this. Personally, I think it depends on the situation but everyone feels different ways, especially in sensitive situations.

• Nope, I walk the line when it comes to loyalty... you could loose your best friend whom I would go to battle for... bros before hoes. Not nasty lies if he is a hot guy.

• ex girlfriend - If your friend gives permission, yes.
    ex wife - never ever ever, just too hardcore

my moral viewpoint

• only if I was no longer in contact with that friend and he was out of the picture

• I did it. thought she was a good person, then I seen why he killed himself.

• If they really are divorced ITS ok but maybe ITS better when you ask Your Friend before

• I'm cool wit my ex

• Yes but it usually doesn't work out

• No. It is quite possible that my best friend might have talked behind me

• I have yes

• I would fuck the shit out of her

• yes of course

• hello

• Which one is worth having? That's the decision. You have to be careful and lucky to have both.

• Depends on the friend and how things were. I had two best friends in high school. One was kind of a d-bag and he ended up dating my other friend's sister (him dating her wasn't the reason he was a d-bag. He was just a jerk to everyone). I ende dup dating his ex twice (once a year later, and then a year after we broke up). She asked me out both times. My friend didn't care that I was dating his ex, and my other friend didn't mind me dating his sister. We eventually broke up because we found out that we're just better off as friends. I'm still on good terms with all three of them today but we don't talk much. Life has pushed us all in different directions since high school ended.

• I wouldn't be for it. That's just me.

• No. Never. Too jealous if i know that from all man on earth my best friend has done all these sexual and romantical things. I dont want to know any of here former partners

What Girls Said 4

• never. first your friend has confided certain aspects of her relationship with the the ex. secondly i think your friend would be bothered by the fact like did you always want to get together. did you somehow give advice that would have ended their relationship? just to many things to consider and just doesn't seem right

• I'm sorry but I believe in girl code and one of the main rules is don't get with a best friend's ex. He or she is totally off limits, you shouldn't even consider it, they should be friend-zoned immediately.

• Depends on how significant he was. I had a friend who dated someone for a less than 6 months and was miserable about him for a couple years. Would make me a cunt dating someone like that. Had another friend who dated someone for a year and it was like nothing to her. So that would be OK.

• Nope absolutely not.