Parents divorced?

Hey i just wanted to know if your parents are divorced and how it effected your life..
Are you happy or sad about them not being together anymore?
How are you dealing with it?,
Does it make you sad when people ask you about it?
And who are you more close to your mom or your dad? thanks for reading and answering...

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents divorced and it made me a better man today

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents divorced when I was 12. It didn't bother me that much. I still saw both of them, and it wasn't on some schedule assigned by lawyers or the court. It was a, let me know if you want to go see the other person and we'll go thing. I got to spend as much or as little time with both of them as I wanted. I feel like I didn't divide my time as well as I should have. I was depressed (for other reasons) and I hardly felt like getting out of the house let alone drive across town. I often spent weeks or even months without seeing the parent I wasn't with, which was my fault and not my parents' fault. My parents tried to make it easier on my brother and I.
    The only thing that I really didn't like about it was my mom was dating a guy, and I felt like he didn't treat her as well as he should have. I felt like my mom could have found somebody better for her. He wasn't physically or emotionally abusive, as far as I know. He just wasn't as respectful as I thought he should be.

• wow that must have been hard for you.. is your mom still together with that guy?

• No, they broke up after a few years.

• Aw i hope that you and your mom are doing well.

What Guys Said 2

• my parents were divorced when i was three years old. it never bothered me because that was the norm for me

• im better off

• Why... if i may ask?

• eh no problem message me if u want

• Alright^^

What Girls Said 4

• It hasn't really effected my life. They divorced when I was 4 so I don't really remember much about it. I'm not happy or sad about It, I'm happy they've both found someone else and are happy with their life's. It doesn't make me sad when people ask about it. I'd say I'm closer to my mum but I'm not really that close to either of them

• Good for you, it seems like you are really an optimistic person, thankyou for answering

• My parents divorced when I was small but it's never really effected me. They're still friends and they get along, they just don't love one another anymore and have moved on with their lives.

• That's great that they are still friends, are you close with them?

• I am! I live with my mom but I go out for dinner and go visit my dad a lot. If I don't for a while my mom even tells me to go visit.

• wow i'm happy for you and thankyou for answering

• They are not divorced.
    The only time I would be affected by divorce is if they loved each other so much and suddenly they divorce.

But tbh as long as the parents don't neglect the child, the child should not get depressed over the divorce.

• My parents divorced when I was 9 months so I never knew what it was like to live with them together. It affected me a lot when I was a child. I used to be sad thinking what my would would have been like if they were still together. Growing up I started to accept that fact and now I don't care anymore. That didn't stop me from being happy. When people asked me if my parents were married or divorced I used to get really sad but now it's a completely fine question. I'm closer to my mom :)

• Thanks for sharing!^^ i appreciate it