Why do guys move on so fast after a relationship? ?

I've noticed a recurring pattern in break-ups. It mostly seems as if girls, after a break up find it extremely difficult to move on and find a new guy, yet guys after a break-up don't seem fazed and find a replacement within weeks.

08

Most Helpful Guy

• "don't seem fazed"

"seem"

We don't show our feelings that easily, he might look like he's fine but behind closed doors he's probably crying over her.

What Guys Said 7

• the next relationship could be used to move on the past one in the case of a guy who's acting like he moved on but actually didn't, or he maybe wasn't serious in his former relationship, also some guys are just that cold that they can move on very quickly

• Behind the story: we've been together for almost 2years, and we just broke up for 2weeks. And he already with another girl. And for the times we had together was fun and countless unforgettable memories, I can tell he love me. But it's confusing me that he move on that quickly.

• maybe he didn't love you before the end, when his feelings for you were gone he probably was still with you but tried to stay, when he realized that he has feelings for another he decided to leave you alone

• I honestly think that's a generalization. If someone (guy or girl) moves on quickly it's either a rebound because they don't want to be alone or they had already lost their feelings before the break up. People tend to miss a lot of different things from the relationship more so than the person itself. Then you have hooking up to make the other person jealous etc. The list goes on depending which side of the break up the persons ends up at and what type of personality he/she has.

• Who broke up?

• Guys that are not fazed and move on quickly were never serious about their past relationship. I was and I couldn't move on at all, It took me years to move on

• Yes I heard a lot about that. But as I can see, mostly even guys they can't move on they're going to get into a new relationship anyway. And I really confuse about it.

• I see... thank you for your sharing

• Try talking to a counselor because I don't think somebody's going to be able to help you on this site

• this image is all too accurate. we are reactive.. easiest way to stop thinking about someone is to think about someone else. most guys don't want to show their hurt even if they broke up with the girl #guilty

• girls are more emotional than boys on average so boys would find it easier to move on. another factor could be they never loved you the way you live them I'm just saying.

• they don't do if they were in love. I normaly need to years to recover after a long relationship

• Huh? I know plenty of single guys but every girl I know just bounces from relationship to relationship. From one to another within days.
    Basically they don't end the relationship when it's bad until they find another.
    I also gave up on dating because:
    1. I cannot find an actual single girl; friends with benefits counts as a relationship ladies -BECAUSE YOUR SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE.
    2. Girls do hit on me. But they're already in a relationship. Hmm do I want someone who's already cheating...

What Girls Said 0