Ever had a bad break up before?

What's the worst break up or heartbreak you've ever experienced? Please share your story or tell us why was it the worst.

169

Most Helpful Girl

• My most recent one. We talked about me moving down to be closer to him. I was going to up root my life for him, leave my family behind. I put so much emotions and hope into him, but we just couldn't work out. We fought way too much. It became way too toxic. Two weeks before we broke up, he started getting close with this girl at his work. 4 days after breaking up with me, he got with her. It's been close to 2 months since all this happened, if I'm remembering correctly. I blocked out a lot of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• My first break up, the girl broke it off with me and than she started harassing me about possible getting back with her than she almost
    caused me to get in trouble so from that day on i learned my lesson.
    I just warn all people don't take harassment in your own hands or
    be immature about things , when you break it off make sure it's
    for good i see things this way a ex is ex for a reason.

What Girls Said 15

• I tend to avoid people. But I did have a boyfriend I think I may have loved. We were beautiful together. We enjoyed each other's company like we lived because of the other. Then his mom got in the way. She said I took him away from her. He said he will always love me, but that he can't take his mom's abuse anymore. (It was because of me.) We agreed it was time to let go.

• Worst breakup was with a guy I was dating for about a year and a half and he started talking about getting married, which I was open to. Instead he broke up with me, got engaged 4 months later and married another chick.
    Still don't know what the hell happened.

• I was beaten up by my ex. Was complicated cos we have a child together. That was a messy and life changing time for me. I've never been the same since. Yet he can happily move onto someone else and start a new family knowing what he is. Makes me sick to my stomach that you can distroy someones life like that then just move on like nothings happened

• Yes. My ex threatened me and made my life a living hell. I had to recover for a year from being beaten up at a bar by him on my brother's birthday who passed away. I am still recovering mentally. I was forced to quit my career or else he would harm my pharmacist manager. I protected everyone around me from my ex, and in the end I am now working my ass off to get my career back and start new.

• To be honest my bad break up wasn't the one after my big relationship, that was kinda easy. But with my first boyfriend since we had a lot of mutual friends and they felt the need to update me on his life.

• My worst break up was four months ago after four years of on and off mess. even when we were off , we still talked all the time. he still tries but I know he's no good for me. he's trouble , he's abusive , and he always ends up in jail so I can bail him out and him leave me.

• My ex was an alcoholic. He started to become physically abusive. I left soon after.

• I feel like friend breakups are the worst but I doubt that's what you wanna hear.
    Let's see.. I was texting with this guy and we were pretty close, flirting for a while, he was the first guy that made me feel like I'm worth of dating someone. I thought he actually liked me, we made plans to meet one day but sth happened to him and we cancelled. We kept talking for a while and then he just left me on read and ghosted me. I didn't really feel heartbroken but it was like proving that I was right all along, no guy can be truly interested in me after seeing how weird I am.

• I had a bad break up before. I fell in love with someone and we were together for 5 months. Then I learned He was gay and then I felt like broken I couldn't stand

• Me and my ex fiancĂ©. We had to live together until he found him self a new place. It was awful. We didn't talk to each other then he didn't want to pay for the remaining rent. It was a hot mess on steroids!

• He held on even though I had feelings for someone else. He loved me so goddamn much and I was blind and let him go. He moved and I moved on though.

• breakups are always bad...
    nothing good comes from them.

• I was being cheated on

• not so much as a bad break up but more so along the lines of should break up.. weve been together almost 5 years. have 2 beautiful children together his temper is ad steadily getting worse. it started with screaming cussing and spitting on me, to pushing me, to shoving me down, to shoving me against the wall with his hand around my throat, to him grabbing my throat and slamming me on the bed squeezing til I'm almost knocked out, to this last time he punched me in the nose. I antagonize him and he makes me feel like its all my fault. that I make him that way. and I believe it. am, I brainwashed? or just blinded by love? were supposed to get married in 23 days

• Don't get married! Things only ever get worse, no matter what they say. Look up how to get away safely, there are a few good videos on youtube. Be careful because those types of guys find it difficult to let go. You are going to bump into a lot of problems, but not as bad as if you stay. Your life and your kids could be in danger, don't bother risking it.

• Good luck and don't worry about it. I have been there and it is tough!

• thanks :) yeah I gotta feeling its gonna get worse before it gets better

• Every one has had a bad break up if they're ever been in a relationship, I think. Your bad break up may be nothing at all to what I think of as a bad break up. Just depends on the persons experience.

As for my bad break up he wasn't a good person anyway. You know my story, emotionally abusive guy turns stalker and threatens me when I finally get out from under his thumb. Classy guy.

What Guys Said 8

• my worst breakup wasn't heart break, it was attempting to remove an abusive person from my life. when I kicked her out, she came back the next day with broken pool cue and hit me in the face multiple times with it, causing me to need stitches..

• You first, man.

• No..

• while going through a divorce I met a nice milf who told me many sweet things I met her family and felt blessed.. then pain came and she abandoned me for reasons still unclear

• Don't want to talk about it , been through two bad relationships

• I let my big relationship go coz she changed... she wasn't the girl i met. I still love amd miss that girl.. And Im afraid i will always miss her and i dont want to have these feelings

• she broke up and i didn't even realise why she broke up

• Not really