Do you think there's a such thing as being ready for a relationship? If yes, What qualitys should a person have to be ready, to be in a relationship?

I have come to question this ready to be in a relationship. I heard plenty of times i will be great. Now i just heard i am not. All along i have had my thoughts on what a relationship consists of and what this "ready" means. But i figuered ill ask what do you think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do because at the moment I don't think I am ready for one.

There is a few things I need to work on before I start a realisticnship again. There's a saying something I can't remember it but it means if you're not happy with yourself while your single being in a relationship won't change that.

You need to be happy with the main aspects of your life before trying to share your life with someone else.

Part of the reason why I broke up with my last two exes was because I wasn't happy with where I was at in my life.

I don't want to have to break up with someone again I want to be happy with how my life is and know what type of guy I want before jumping into another relationship.

I think the main thing someone needs to be ready for a relationship is to be happy where they are in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• If a person doesn't need a relationship and is also happy being single then he/she is ready for a relationship

• Ok what if there fine alone. Stayed fine for maybe 4 years single. Lived alone with a dog Decided its time to move on to dating again, goes out with someone and then is told that there not ready? And is fine being single now just is getting pretty old and am thinking times starting to kinda run out on the family making.

• by the way just because a person isn't ready to date doesn't mean that they shouldn't. I'd say most people aren't really ready to date. That's why there are so many divorces and break ups

• After asking this question many and yourself have come to tell me basically depends on if two people click well.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think people are ever ready

• So how does a relationship work. I see your 33. Im pushing 30. I think exactly this way but while in relationships i feel women mostly need games to stay entertained. I dont get it , lady got mad because i wasn't jealousy once, or said i was weak because i told her to choose pretty much everything because i honestly dont care enough to choose most things and get told na a hundred times. Go ahead girl choose it idc hahahahaha. And all man so much more but i feel i had to act like i did and i had to play games to get things to work out smoothly and im happy im not with her less stress. But kinda sad because it did get out of hand. i ended up mad annoyed and then got way to out of charecter and she said im not ready. and i feel her because sopposly its like that games. me i just wanna be me. but i watch some people and i see the man play them. and i think maybe there right. but then again maybe they jjst find sombody willing to accept them as they accept the other.

• Yeah I fail those tests too. So stupid. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

• Yes you just feel it when you're ready

• Ok thank you for response

What Guys Said 1

• Love yourself and you are ready.

• Explain love yourself? What if you love yourself to you knowledge but the person wants to change you, and you love yourself so much you think there see that your the best sooner or later hahaha sounds cocky but for real tho

• Well i see this, i do. Me and her wanted to change each other, both for what we felt was for the best. I don't know why we did it other then to give it a try. I got lost acting like someone i wasn't and became some one i ain't like and thought in a manner that i right now am like TF was i doing hahaha. Mad ashamed. But i put in the effort because thats what she cared about and i wanted to show her i cared just feel like it is what it is, why do i have be jealousy? no lie i never was jealousy she wanted me to be so i started with small things then afterwards just became a pride issue. like you can put out all these orders on me but when i act like you for a sec you can't see it and dont want it on yourself but im still hearing it. hahahaha and the game got bad. I don't know way i played should have left but i saw her being happy if she could have just saw what i see.

• I love myself is what im saying. Hahaha so strong that i felt she see what i see then that other stuff could stop lol. i guess we wanted to change each other. I felt she stressed to much over nothing and i was cool with it. then it became a thing about im cold because i dont think like her. so i wanted to show her what i ment but i couldnt get through. Instead i got lost and man smh. did teach me a lot but does this mean i ain't ready because its true i did bad there. But i love myself lol