Guys help!!! Would ignoring a guy make them realize that they want to be with you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't listen to these guys, they don't know crap. You definitely should put a major serious ignoring on this man, and get him to wake up and smell what you're not cooking. Don't say goodbye, just stop contacting him. If he contacts you, don't pick up, or if he gets you, just excuse yourself and say you have to go. No emotion, no explanations. Just politely disengage. Completely. And begin removing yourself from any activities you share in common, so he will see less and less of you; make sure that within 2 weeks he has no occasion to run across you at all. It will be necessary for you to relocate, I"m afraid, in order for this technique to be fully effective. Find a different city, and don not leave your new address with anyone you don't have to; instruct them not to share your new information with him. You will need to change your social media access as well, along with phone number and email. It will all be worth it, though; I guarantee he will come around and realize what it means to have his soulmate gone, and when you do reunite, he will never leave you. Ever. No matter how much you may want him to. And this annoying business of him having feelings for you and being a couple in every way except that he doesn't want to be with you will be gone forever. Good luck. Don't skip any steps, or it won't work and you'll have to start over.

• I wasn't going to delete him from my social media accounts?

You think this will work?

• I'm if I move on why would I go back to him

• Well, now, there's a good question. Maybe it would be easier to just go find the better guy and skip the part about getting this one to change. But it wouldn't be nearly as much fun as seeing the look on his face when he comes crawling back while you're planning your wedding to a guy who actually shows you some affection. You might actually have two kids and a labrador retriever named Jinx by the time he gets around to it, though.

What Guys Said 21

• Not if they don't want to be with you, no. Being ignored by someone you don't care about makes no impact.

• No he cares about me and has feelings for me but doesn't want to be with me

• Why doesn't he want to be with you? What reasons has he given?

• Nothing he just says he doesn't but yet we can hangout and act like a couple would

• Not even a little bit. 1) you can't make someone care for you. either they do or they don't. 2) if she ignored me that means she doesn't care about me so it would just motivate me to ditch her.

• No he knows I care a lot about him and him for me. I meant we been seeing each other and acting like a couple. He just just doesn't want to be with me

• Doesn't matter. A guy doesn't want a girl that ignores her, and a girl doesn't want a guy she needs to ignore to get his attention

• Maybe if you ignored him for a few days it'd grab his interest BUT you'd have to message him again soon after. Ignoring a guy for a prolonged period of time shows you're no longer interested in him. Ignoring as a tactic is tricky business.

• He knows I'm definitely interested and he is too just doesn't want to be together

• How long are you prepared to wait?

• I feel. like I'm done, I. waited for years already

• I would think she doesn't want to talk anymore and probably end up deleting her

• Ignoring someone sometimes does work if he has some sort of feelings but you can't ignore him forever.

• He does have feelings

• if you are straight in voicing what you want then it should be fine. unless he is denial. guys go into denial mode when they believe or assume that there is hope. burn that believe of his to ashes, and he will most probably move on. honesty breeds good karma

• We'll I think he's in denial but there is nothing I could say that's changing his mind

• I think if a girl ignored my texts and calls and voicemails and emails and social media friend requests and knocking on her door at home when her car is in the driveway and I can see her through the window, I'd think she doesn't want me to be a part of her life and to make sure I wouldn't get a restraining order I would definitely stop contacting her after it was obvious she was ignoring me.

• He's not doing any of that, I'm just not contacting him

• No. No. No. No. Ignoring a guy is a signal to us that you are dropping us, and that you are done.

In crazy science stuff, love literally stems from spending a lot of time with someone, someone who you enjoy as a person, and that can spark connection.

Ignoring them is the opposite and will do no good.

if anyone tells you that good advice, either tell them how wrong you are or ignore the advice, because trust me, that's TERRIBLE advice.

• No we Already have spent time together and have feelings for each other but yet he doesn't want a relationship

• there's many reasons why that could be.

1) He values the friendship and doesn't want to put it in any jeaprody

2) He doesn't think he's ready for that kind of commitment

3) He honestly doesn't see you as a partner, he sees you as a sister, a best friend. Possible reverse-friendzone.

4) He's already in a relationship

5) He's gay

There are many more possibilities that I just didn't think of. 1 and 2 are the most likely, but you never know. You can't force a relationship on someone, it has to be mutual. If you are truly only with him to try and be his girlfriend, than maybe it's a friendship not worth continuing. If you are still with him because you truly do enjoy his company, than don't stress over it. Let life take it's course

• No he doesn't view me as a sister or friend because then we wouldn't kiss, cuddle, etc.

• hell no that shows us that we are so insignificant to you that you wouldn't even tell us that you're uninterested and we will move on where would you get an idea like this

• He knows I'm interested in him

• that doesn't mean you should send mixed signals back

• I know I don't want to but I don't know what else to do

• Yea because nothing is more attractive than being ignored

• Well he doesn't want to be in a relationship when I spend time with him

• no relationship but u sleep with him

• We act like a couple in every way

• possibly, or he can become completely uninterested

• Only the insecure ones.

• If someone doesn't appreciate me I don't appreciate them back. And usually if I don't appreciate someone they just stop talking to me. Fudge that whole play it cool shenanigans just be sincere.

• Yeah well its not working

• sounds like your annoying him to much without saying a damn thing. ask him out.

• We have been going out but he doesn't want to be with me.

And how am I anoying him?

• how about questions, like that one there.

• I'm asking you since your saying that

• Not at all

• No! make them jealous anyhow !

• No, that only works on girls.

• No, ignoring a guy would make him look for a different heifer to plow.

• Well he doesn't look for anyone else.
      He has feelings for me but won't be with me

• You didn't like my original advice, so I'm telling you what you want to hear.

• Okay

• No. Ignoring a guy is giving him every reason to move on.

• This guy doesn't move on though and he hasn't come to the reality that he really wants to be with me

• For me I would think she is uninterested or immature.

• Well I can't be mature about it and keep hanging around him like I'd like to

What Girls Said 3

• They won't tell you the truth, so why would you ask men that? I have ignored people and they come running back, this is because they were toying with you to begin with. If the guy didn't care, he'll be happy you are out of his life, so it would not affect him.

The key is to love yourself and have so much pride that it doesn't matter and all you want is to be appreciated, or left alone. When I am done, I am done even if you come back. Practice that and it just won't matter.

• We'll this guy cares for me but just doesn't want to be with me

• How would you know that if he doesn't want to be with you? If someone didn't care to chase me I would assume he doesn't want me.

• We'll I mean when we hang out we act like a couple would but when I brought up dating he didn't want to

• What are the reasons he doesn't want to be with you?

• He really didn't say

• Why would I do that. I wanted to ignore if to see if he realizes he can lose me because I know he has feelings for me.
      Anyways he never denied it when I told him I know he has feelings for me

• If he hasn't reached out in 3 weeks it doesn't look good. Might want to try looking for someone new

• No? Just go up to him and tell him.

• Tell him what?
      I want to be with him and he has feelings for me but won't be with me