How to let someone go?

Its been like a month since I heard from him but I still get a urge to text him but I know it isn't a smart thing to do but I do miss him.

Preppy Questions๐Ÿ’‹

310

Most Helpful Guy

• The most important thing to remember is the reason it didn't work out. There will be good times and there will be bad times. The question you need go ask yourself is it worth all the heartache you get from holding on to the past or is it time to move on and let go? I promise you that if you let go completely (no thinking in the back of your mind that it'll work itself out later), good will shine through and your whole attitude for life becomes brighter. If you let yourself be happy with yourself, you will be rewarded. Find new things to be excited about. Not necessarily people but that can work as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to do the same thing with this guy, but I learned to get over it by cutting off all contact with him completely, meaning deleting/blocking his number, unfriending him on all forms of social media, etc.

• And yet here you are, remembering...

• It's cool. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ I'm not really trying to play defense here, I'm just stating how I've managed to let go. I'm sorry if it seemed that way

• Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 9

• The best advice is to get busy: Try a new hobby, focus on finishing college, landing that dream job, go travel with friends, anything that will get your mind off him. Your goal should be focusing on doing what makes you happy. Life is too short to waste on waiting for someone when you could be meeting someone new or enjoying life. Let things flow and happen naturally and someday you will meet the right guy.

• So what would happen if you text him,, will the world come to an end.. will call the cops and put a restraining order on you,, probably not

Why isn't it a smart thing to do? Is he a bad seed? Does he mess around on you behind your back? Is he too possessive or some kind of freak?

Maybe he is a normal guy, navigating through life's challenges and you and he broke it off, but you still care enough about him to see how he is doing. Who knows maybe things will spark or maybe they will smolder.. won't know unless you send him a text.

• 1# You've been trapped in some sort of loop between your heart and your brain.
    2# Let the guy down. Forget that guy once for all. He doesn't deserve you to care about him. The guy let you down for 1 month without a sign that's just an assbitch behavior.
    3# Always put in your mind that there is someone out there who's looking for someone lile you so bad but the fate didn't decide to meet up yet. Have hope and stay strong.

• These urges are because he's in your mind all the time. The best way it to think you are better than this and move on. If you still miss him just shake your head and divert your mind on something else.
    If you keep thinking about him, it'll affect your life not his. And you don't want that anyway.

• Iam currently going through this , it's been very tough and I struggle with it daily , your already on your way if your wise enough to know not to text him , I made the mistake of trying to reach out and have a talk over text it didn't end well because things were misunderstood , and things are even worse for me now then before , things that help me are just accepting the feelings that I have at the current moment and truly feel them , but not to dwell on them , keep your mind busy with an activity or book or movies or anything that has to have your full attention, get out of your comfort zone and do or try something you always wanted to do , these things helped me a little bit , but it's still a work in progress and that's what you have to do work at it till the feeling fades , i feel for you and wish you the best

• what else you can do besides this. Just pray and watch when he comes back

• text someone else khm khm ๐Ÿ™„

• Then your not ready to fully let go.

• next target, please

What Girls Said 2

• Such a horrible feeling! Why did you split?

• Find someone new to text :)