Why would a guy dump a girl because of his bestfriend?

So my friend and I have been trying to figure out why her boyfriend dumped her. We figured out it's because his bestfriend made him do it and his bestfriend is an asshole in general but why would he make him do it? What could be a reason for this cause? Also, what should she do now? Should she progress to taking revenge?

• Take revenge. He broke up with you because his BESTFRIEND told him to do so.
    29%(2)15%(2)Vote0%(0)
  • Bad idea.
    71%(5)85%(11)Vote100%(6)

Most Helpful Guy

• he didn't care enough for you to say no to them, move on. if he is that fickle, go find someone that will love and care for you no matter what his friends say.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys that young basically do whatever will please their guy friends. My honest advice is to move on. She's better off, he's not going to change anytime soon.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly I would never let my friend decide what I must do when it comes to women, one single word insulting the girl I love and I will punch him in the face and he will never come closer to me. I don't need friends that know no respect. When your friend loves someone you must respect that you like it or not. Friend that tells you to break up is bad but you are worse when you do what he tells you just to have your social status or whatever shit. Leave that guy, no revenge, nothing, completely erase him from your life.

• Revenge is never a good idea, go talk to the guy and ask why he broke up

• maybe he took the "Bros before how's" thing to seriously

What Girls Said 1

• my boyfriend did this. his friends talked him into breaking up with me because they didn't like me. after he left, and realized that they're opinions aren't as important to him, he regretted it, apologized repeatedly and asked for me back. after a few weeks of me explaining to him that only his opinions and what he wants matters, and that you can't let people make you do what they want, we got back together.