My boyfriend pushed me?

My boyfriend of almost 2 years has been the sweetest person ever. I love and care about him a lot.

We have the occasional fight ever now and then, but things usually get resolved.

However, yesterday i was on top of him, laying on the couch, when we started to get into a fight. He ended up pushing me off of him. It wasn't hard but i was shocked. And i fell kind of funny. I hit my knee. He apologized, but was still angry and he just didn't seem to think he did anything wrong.

Today my knee is swollen and hurts a lot. And my boyfriend came over and felt horrible. he's like i never meant to hurt you. I just wanted you off of me. He kept saying how he was the worst boyfriend ever and that he abused me and how he was incredibly sorry. He kept talking about how i should feel safe with him and mentioned that he loves me a lot.

I dont know how to feel right now. I always told myself if a boyfriend ever hit me i would leave him. Bu im so confused because I love him so much and i feel like he didn't mean to hurt me.

Advice? he's never done something like this before

49

Most Helpful Guy

• Given the level of testosterone men have and by extension muscle, he has rhe physical power to seroiusly harm you even by accident, if he'd intended to hurt you, you'd be way worse off than you are, think hospitalized. He just wanted you off him and he reacted with adrenaline and you just happened to land badly, fix the knee and then fix your relationship, no relationship is without fights sometimes and maybe he should have been more gentle with you as you are more fragile than him, but if he meant to hurt you he'd have little to no remorse and you'd have a lot more than a chance landing on your knee. have him help you fix the knee and come up with a cover story if need be, it might help him feel less guilty, you mean the world to him and I'm sure he would seriously consider risking his life for you if it came down to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• its all up to you if you wanna stay with him or leave him but if you're really willing to stay then make sure this never happens again

What Guys Said 8

• It seems like a one time thing. Just a hissy fit that turned into a push.

If he really wanted to hurt you, I imagine things would have been worse, so we can all be thankful that they weren't :)

• 1) He didn't hit you.
    2) It was an accident. He meant to get you off of him not to hurt you.
    3) He apologized because he knows he hurt you even though it wasn't his intention.

Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but it wad an accident and accidents happen and he even apologized. I don't think you should leave him.

• Agree with this opinion. Without being there and seeing this, it's hard to give an appropriate opinion but he didn't hit you. And... if you were fighting, why were you on top of him? lol This doesn't make sense to me? Wouldn't you WANT to get off him if you're angry? BUT, also, he shouldn't have pushed you off necessarily either (unless you were refusing to get off?). He should have just asked you to get off of him.

• He didn't hit you, you were on top of him and he pushed you but didn't mean to hurt you, just wanted you off him, he apologised, came over and kept telling you how a shitty person he is.

• alright might cop some sluck but yes it was quite aggressive but i dont think it was intended to be like that and maybe just was a accident. .. in saying that he does something like that again but worse thats no accident

• He sounds like a good dude. He never meant to hurt you

• How do you even care about him?
    do you cook for him?
    do you pay for his pills?

• what... how dare he

• I would stick with him. He was upset and probably didn't know his own strength while he was in distress. If he was actually abusive he wouldn't have helped you up beat himself up over it and came back over. Seems like an innocent accident to me. If he ever walks tward you to hit you though I would leave

• I assume the damage happened due to a bad landing me than the push, either way if he really wanted to hurt her I'm sure she would have been way worse off.

What Girls Said 3

• It was more of an accident than abuse because you got your knee hurt cause you fell pn the floor not because he hit you there. Sounds like he really just wanted you off him

• He didn't hit you. He pushed you so you can get off of him. It sounds like a one time thing. If he does it again then you should consider leaving.

• I think you should stay with him if he seems very sorry about it, and i don't think he thought you would get seriously hurt in any wau