Guys, Should I just move on?

My boyfriend and I broke up recently. We talked for about 3 hours and we ended on good terms. The break up was abrupt because of an argument we had. I know what I did, push him over the edge and he said he was really stressed out. For the longest time he didn't understand how I felt when he was away and I told him how I felt and he didn't understand it. He was sweet, caring and loving and gave me no reason to doubt. He left for military and that's when everything crumbled. He came back recently and said he wanted to surprise me after I got upset that he didn't tell me when he arrived. We had a talk and he said he wasn't happy about what he said and would have changed today if this was gonna happen. He said I deserved better and I said to him, that's your way of telling me that "YOU deserve better." I told him he didn't have to say that I deserve better. I asked him if he were going to be happy if I was with someone else, he said only if they make you happy. He felt like I needed someone else who could love me more. To me, i had mixed feelings. I know he didn't make this decision out of nowhere. he's honest. He knows I can see right through him. He said he ran out of patience and that he will live with the consequences. I reminded him of the good times we had. I was the one who changed him. I thanked him for what he has done for me (appreciation for time spent) and he held my hands and kept saying he had to go soon. He didn't let go. He didn't leave when he said he had to. We hugged before he left. He was holding on. He said he will see me again. I told him to be happy and not to regret his decision and he said shook his head like "no." He said, time will tell and that he will see me in the future. I know I'm a child now, we're both young. The arguments were stupid and out of insecurity, mostly on my part. I know I have a lot to work on. He just kept saying, ill see you in the future. Will there be a chance in the future after he returns for us to be together again?

3

What Guys Said 3

• There could be a chance. Both of you are young and there are still many possibilities that could occur in the future. Sometimes a relationship doesn't work out and to my knowledge, no relationship is as smooth as a waxed car.

If you truly want to be together with him, I'd suggest you tell him as soon as possible, he might accept it, he might not. Depending on that result, it is up to you to decide where you want to go.

• You're not a child, your thinking is pretty mature. Everybody has a second chance if they work on it hard enough. So do you too. Being on good terms is already something. Take a rest, both of you. Then you will re-evaluate everyhing once more. Take care.

• Not a snowballs chance in hell so move on