How long did it take you?

How long did it take you to get over your first breakup?

47

Most Helpful Guy

• You never "get over" a break up of an important relationship. The pain just begins to fade and you move forward with your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• 3 years. it was like a movie. a real romance movie so perfect we were only 5months together but it was the beginning of something special the first everytthing expect sex. it was so innocent pure magic love. after the breakup we didn't saw each other 3 years and after that time we got back together and BUM the mirror brooke. i saw it was all a nice illusiom first love and thats it. there is no future, nothing can't be like the first innocent love and thats it. i had to get back together just to open my eyes.

What Guys Said 6

• we had to break up because of career decisions. mutual. but i kind of lost n angry even after 2 years. yet to date or move on. not cool at all.

• About a week. Ended on rather bad terms, which helped. I saw it as being a parasite to me, so I just cut it out of my life and moved on.

• 2 months

• Dunno.. I was 7...

• A few weeks i think.

• 7 months

What Girls Said 3

• depends on how it ended. if we just drifted apart, I get over it pretty quick. if cheating, hell i am over it right away. if feelings are still involved but it isn't working, it takes time.

• We broke up in the beginning of the summer, but I'm still not over him completely but it's starting to become better and better for each week.

• A month or less