Following the no contact rule...do you think it's working?

I have been following the no contact rule for 2 weeks now...initially he text and called for the first four days following the break up (he broke up with me) then it stopped...a week went by and he text again asking about furniture from the apartment we shared and to see if I wanted it...I told him no I wasn't interested in any of it and I had to go because I was driving... He responded "OK talk to you later take care be safe I still care about u" ...What? What does this mean...Should I get my hopes up?

We were together for almost 3 years and he broke up with me because he wanted to be single and "free"

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, I didn't do the no contact rule and I am friends with me ex still. We do talk and communicate every day but there is nothing in it. I am not sure if the no contact rule works. really. It can give a person time to move on ...a month is a long time and a lot can happen in a month.

He says he cares for you sounds like he still wants to be in your life in some respects but nevertheless, he choose to be single over being with you. Move on and leave him to it. Sort out whatever there is to with furniture etc.

You need time for yourself too, go out and have fun with friends, join groups/clubs meet new people.

What Guys Said 1

• seems a little like he cares about you just isn't too fond of being tied down...

What Girls Said 3

• Okay, I think that you shouldn't overthink about it; he maybe said that because you were driving and he didn't want you to be hurt, I mean even if you guys aren't together anymore, he still care about you and don't want you to have an accident or stuff like that. If there are other signs then maybe you can get Ur hopes up =)

• girl, I feel you on this part just happen to me. just gotta deal with move on with your life he probably has stuff to do on his own.. if you guys are meant to be in the future the old man up stairs would do something about it . It hurt like heal trust me. just do the things you like to do. go out and have fun met ppl. time heals wounds but the love won't be forgotten. He does care and is doing you a favor. I'm not a guy either so I can't read guy minds. It going to suck for a time. like I said never know what the future might hold.

• lol, um yeah...The no contact rule, it worked day 4 and a week later. I'm going on a month of the no contact rule, and sadly, my hopes are down...obviously he isn't going to contact me anymore. ...If he is still trying to think of dumbass reasons to call, it probably means he wants to see if reconnection is a possibilty. ..Then again, I'm not a guy, guys like to play games. They all do, they all lie, they all suck :(