Slept with another guy after my breakup. Why do I feel guilty if I have no feelings for my ex?

I've been dating casually a month after my breakup with my ex. On the weekend, I met a guy who was also just out of a breakup and we really hit it off; so much so that we ended up having sex. I really enjoyed it, but I can't help feeling somewhat guilty, even though I know I never want to get back with my ex again. We were together for 5 years, and this is obviously the first guy I have slept with since my ex. I don't understand why I feel guilty.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's your last few sentences speak volumes. You just broke up with a guy you were with for 5 years. You feel guilty because you also feel it was a bit too soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• Basically as you were with him so long it seems soob

What Guys Said 3

• because even tho you dnot love him anymore. doesn't mean you don't care for him you spent 5 years together for you to stay for that long ment something so what your feeling is natural. but. you. only feel guilty because if it was the other way round you would feel hurt, because when you was with them. like that it was so intimate and you don't want to share that with anyone else but love comes and goes there's no such thing as a soul mate you can love anyone but just depends what you. find attractive and emotion pairing! your fine to move. on. love is a cycle and so is life and if you don't keep rolling round your rust away and love never fades

• because you feel like it's too soon, you're just trying to get him out of your head so you had sex with another guy. It's fair enough the guilt will pass babe trust me

• he's your ex... it's ok not to have feelings.

What Girls Said 0