I want to break up with my boyfriend but I don't know how?

my "boyfriend " and I have been "dating" for almost a Month and I haven't seen him for almost a month. yes I like him but I'm starting to realize I don't like him as much as I thought. and there's this person that I've liked for as long as I can remember. and he told me he likes me and has for a while but was shy. he doesn't know I have a boyfriend. but I was thinking about how if I liked my boyfriend enough there wouldn't be a question and I wouldn't have feelings for anyone else but I do. I know its going to hurt him if I break up with him. and I'd really hate to do that but I don't feel I have a choice. it has to be done. so I need advice how do I break up with him.

819

Most Helpful Guy

• It's always hard but it's like ripping off a band-aid, you just have to do it. Just be honest and nice, but you don't have to give specifics either (ie, don't tell him you like someone else lol). Just say something like "so, I've enjoyed our time together but I don't feel we're compatible (or feel the "spark") and I'm sorry, but I think we should move on"

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been in the exact same situation... I used to like this guy and I had just broken up with my boyfriend. After a few weeks, I told that guy that I had liked previously that maybe he and I should be together because I thought that I supposedly had feelings and that I was ready for a relationship. After a month, I realised I still like my ex and nothing would change that. I would suggest telling him the exact way it is. At least you'd be telling the truth 😊 this is what I had told my boyfriend at the time. That I still liked my ex and that I couldn't move on from him. He told me that it was okay and that he understood how hard it'd be. He let me go and said whatever would make me happy would make him happy. It does pay to tell someone how it really is😊. It will hurt... But it'll turn out right if it has to😊 Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 18

• well breaking up is always going to hurt someone, but if you don't forsee any happiness out of this relationship, then it is in your best interest to do so. After all, the longer this goes on, the more likely it will have negative emotions running through it.

Be honest, tell him why and just leave it at that.

• One month barely qualifies as a "boyfriend". Not seeing him is barely a breakup, because you are barely together. It's really simple: the next time he contacts you, say "I'm sorry, this isn't working for me. Good luck."

It's really that simple. If he asks why, just say "It's nothing you did wrong, I just want to move on. I wish you the best" That's all. You don't owe him more than that. Good luck.

• Just tell him face to face, it's the most mature thing to do and it will end the relationship without keeping him in the dark

• First and foremost, tell him in person. Never breakup with someone over text.

Next, tell him that you two need to breakup, you've lost interest in him, and would like to date other people. Make sure he knows that the relationship is over. You don't want to lead him on.

After that, don't contact him. If he initiates contact with you, be kind, but firmly remind him that the relationship has ended.

• My best advice is to make yourself not available to him
    don't answer his text messages, don't answer phone calls,
    make excuses up when he does catch you off guard etc.
    I know this might sound lame but you got do something
    if you don't want be with him , you could also say hey this
    isn't working out for us.

• Its bitter advice but you have to avoid him ignore him very much ultimately he left you, thats the best way to do without hurting him, if you say face to face , may be he hurts very much, if you ignore him it will be slow poison for him which he can bear

• Just remember, when you say you don't want to hurt him, that it it will hurt him more if you delay telling him. Tell him exactly what you have told us. If he's a decent guy, he will accept what you say.

• i understand this is so painful. but if you think you have to do it, and have no choice, talk with your 'boyfriend' and explain it to him. i think he will listen and respect you πŸ˜„

• given that you are trying to let him down easy, dont mention another guy if you dont have to. adding insult to injury won't acomplish your goal and a little bit of lying is helpful. know your target though. If you will see him again he may piece it together quickly.

• Straight up. Tell him you don't have feelings for him anymore.

• in these cases i Suggest you to be straight. But do this on a date and end your relationship on a happy note

• Well I believe a text stating you are breaking up with him amd a valid believable reason why you are doing it will do but I hate to say it but no break up is going to be easy someone is going to get upset

• no sex... works and complaining a lot and just being awkard

• Tell him bluntly. "I'm sorry but I don't want to be with you anymore."

• just do it be mean if u have to who cares its better than dragging it out and wasting time

• say him you love another guy

• Tell him up front "I don't want to see you anymore".

• do you have any physical contact with your boyfriend? or is it a long distance relationship?

• on your other question you stated that you had feelings for 5 other guys. When you break up with your boyfriend you think you will be happy, but will probably just move on to a bunch of different guys. If this is the case, then dont even look for a relationship as you are minimizing yourself to what you really want. If you want to sleep around, go ahead

What Girls Said 7

• breaking up is never easy. instead of not seeing him or ignoring him and as much as it is going to hurt be honest and upfront and let him know how you feel and that things are not working out. you may feel like shit for a while and yes you are going to hurt him but it is better than continuing to be unhappy

• tell him you do not feel the same way anymore. do not tell him about the other guy it will make matters worse. let him understand that he's not what you cut him out to be. you can't let this situation drag on it will ruin your relationship with both your boyfriend and the guy you like.

• Just say it's not working anymore sense you don't see each other often

• Buy a kit kat bar, break it in half and give him his bar and say "this is you, and this one is me... we just broke up chum get wrecked!😎😎😎"

• just say "I'm done, were over" then smile, and walk off like a boss

• Since you're not even dating that long, and haven't seen him for a while too, I'd just break up via text. It wouldn't even matter, you guys probably didn't even build up a strong emotional connection so it shouldn't hurt much. Just say you think that you two dont fit and would like to end your "thing"

• just tell him your breaking up with him if he ask why just say you don't have feelings anymore for him and leave it at that.