Is it love?

OK there's this guy, we're like best friends and all. well he has a girlfriend. and I don't know if I like him or not...but the feelings are there... like it's hard to explain..like when he mentions his girlfriend I get sad..and sometimes a little jealous..but for the most part when I'm with him It doesn't feel like I like him in that way. only when he holds me or something..and well it's weird. and well he recently told me that he gets a little jealous when other guys talk to me(flirting) BUT he says he doesn't like me. and sometimes he hugs me and kisses me on the forehead, tickles me,and holds me by my waist sometimes. and sometimes I feel like we're a couple. BUT HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND. I don't get it...whats he feeling? what am I feeling? all this is so confusing... cause sometimes he acts as If he doesn't like me ...like if he only sees me as a friend...but than those moments happen. so gimme your opinions...MUCH APPRECIATED...

please give me your honest opinion. I promise to answer anyone's questions on this if requested...you scratch my back I'll scratch yours :)
"..on this site *"
yesterday he was teasing me that I was his "bro"
and I was like whatever! xD and I playfully pouted..and than he kissed me on the cheek and than moved towards my neck with kisses.. and he was like "i wouldn't do that to my brother :)" see y I'm so confused

65

Most Helpful Girl

• I see what you mean!

Gosh, and men say WE'RE confusing! ;)

Okay, I'm definately not an expert when it comes to relationships... but I've had my fair share of heartbreaks. The way I see it, he likes you as a friend, and sometimes, you know, it's nice to build fairytales on friendships. Which is exactly what you're doing as well. Being with someone you're not supposed to be with... feeling more than you should... it's thrilling, and it's fun. But you keep playing with fire, you're going to burn someday, sweetheart.

Listen to these songs by Taylor Swift -

? Teardrops on my Guitar

? You belong with me

? Invisible

and see what you feel like after that. I thought I was in love with my best friend for ages. I kept on thinking of ways to make him notice me, or kiss me... while he had a girlfriend. He cheated on her loads, but never with me. Recently they broke up, I guess no matter how much you like someone, if they keep breaking your heart, eventually it's not gonna want to go back to that person. So I've gotten to know his ex-girlfriend, and you know what? I'm so glad I never more than kissed the guy while they were together. It would've broken her heart.

Do you really want to be with someone who would flirt with his "friends" behind your back? He likes the attention you're giving him. Try being like a sister to him, and date other guys (not serious dating, just to get to know other people as well - if he gets to keep his options open, so do you.) But I wouldn't put a great friendship at risk for something I'm not sure about myself. If he really does get jealous enough, he'll ask you out and you can have your fairytale relationship. For now, just be glad to have a wonderful friend - but keep that flirtations to a limit - if not for your own sake, but for his girlfriend's as well. Enjoy your years without a serious relationship - I know everyone always says this, but it's true: When you find the one, you'll know. Good luck, let me know what happens!

• I will :)

• Oh please lol girls are way more confusing than guys, and yo @asker if this guy has a girl and he's fooling around with you, how do you think his girl feels when she sees you around him, she probably hates you, but just stay away cause you might end up breaking them up

• The best friend should never back down, as relationships should never break up friendships. he has a right to know she likes him if she wants to tell him, then she should step back, be friends only, and leave it up to him to decide what to do next. besides, you can't break anyone up, it's their own dicision.

What Guys Said 5

• It's absolutely positively NOT love.

Based on your age, I'd say I'm sure your feelings are really intense, but as you pointed out, he has a girlfriend, so you probably like this guy and that's being amplified because you can't have him.

• you both have feelings for each other deep down but I think you both value your friendship that highly that neither of you wants to take the risk of destroying it

You friendship is selfish (NOT IN A BAD WAY) as in its exclusively between you and him which is why you both get jealous when a third party makes there way into it (his girlfriend or a guy flirting with you)..

He may say he doesn't like you but you have to ask yourself after what you've just wrote yourself, does he even believe that himself? I'm more than sure this guy is questioning himself he's probably in a confused place

• Thanks

ti is a very well thought out answer. :)

maybe you're right

• I think he is just being friendly towards you. Be there for him as a friend, but have a life of your own...go out meet other guys. If its ment to be you two will be together somehow.

• I would have to say he just wants a booty call from you. If he has a girl friend and is hanging out with you with out his Girlfriend I would question that and the way you say he acts hold you kissing you but says he does not like you he just wants to get in your pants. Or he is tired of his girlfriend and wants to get away from her you need to ask him what's up

• Maybe his a Big Wheel

• Hmm? what do you mean?

• Ok :)

• Just hang in there...accept him as a friend, but go out and enjoy life...meet other guys.

What Girls Said 5

• if you do not know if you like him or not then clearly you do not...tell him not to act flirty with you out of respect for his girlfriend. you should not let him...any self respecting woman who knows a man has a girlfriend would tell him to back off. I mean would you like it if you had a boyfriend and a girl was letting him do these things to her even when she KNOWS of you? I gues you get sad when he speaks of her because well...most women do not like to hear about other women get talked about. women are jealous creatures..

• Yep we are :( lol....well thanks for your answer

really appreciate your honesty :)

• based on experience, he just sees you as a really good friend whom he enjoys spending time with. It's normal to be jealous if someone close to you (even a friend) talks to others, and doesn't give you your due attention.

So I say, spare yourself the misery and move on.

Besides think about it, how would you feel if you were his girlfriend and her boyfriend was being intimate with another girl, would you actually want to be in a relationship with such a person?

• Yeah I see your point

• He's trying to see how far he can push your boundries, don't let him! This isn't love at all honey... Love is a mature devotion of unconditional comitment. Love is a million things without ANY confusion. You'd know for sure if you did. The heart is fragile, and I would walk away from this mess before she keys your car for messing with her man.

• Hun, let him go. Be his BFF! he sounds more like your Friend than your boy friend. He wants his cake and eat it too and that's not fair to you! He's got a girl and he's messing with your emotions! He don't want you to talk to any other guys because he wants to keep you as his back up in case anything ever happens to his "now girlfriend". move on. be his buddy or "bro" but find you a guy that is all about YOU! the only reason you're confused is because he's giving you false signals! Not nice. like I said, just be his friend, and find you a good guy. if he's doing this to this other girl, he's gonna do it to you too! who's gonna be his back up when he's done with you? be careful!

• You are totally in love with him... you can also say this that it's A BIG CRUSH... I also had this. I mean you feel he's so close to you. And noone can take he's place... YEAh you love him.. And about him..Well HE IS CONFUSED.