What do you think about "The no contact rule"?

It’s simple, you don’t contact your ex for a certain amount of time as a way to win your ex back. What do you think about this rule? Does it really work?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really does work. I think it has do with the whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" thing. My guy started to miss me like crazy within 3 months. If the guy loves you he'll definitely start to miss you during the no contact period.

What Guys Said 20

• 1|0
  • Hello again Khan, with your weird ass questions...
    The NC contract is a real thing that most use... its the easiest way to get over a relationship, so sadly its for the weak of mind/heart. "delete them from your social media and phone and everything should be alright"
    lol...
    To be honest in some cases it does work, but there is one thing you can't get rid of... the memories... you were in love with them at some point, so "pretending" doesn't help..."dealing" is better... and "moving on" is the best.
    The no contact is for weaklings... there is nothing wrong with taking a hiatus from the person to seek other people... but a permanent NC?
    Weak.
    That just shows that you still have feelings... regardless of how people try to twist it. i can stand in front of my ex n feel nothing... we are over.
    weak

• Sorry but I don't remember you and you "hello again" with me 😂
      I really have doubt about this rule, but I see so many people talk about it

• lol... close...
      its "feed us, fuck us, give us some space"... that last one though seems to move around a lot, like, I've heard of that space being interpreted as "... not talking" or ".. disappear"... etc.
      but try it.. it really works...
      those three things combined, makes a man realize why we Need women, and they will do whatever to keep em coming.

• Thank you :)

• I tried no contact for 2 weeks and completely got over my ex, and although it's hard at the moment, getting back with an ex is hardly ever beneficial to anyone. A true soulmate does not dump you because times get tough, they stick with you and you get over it together

• I just follow, once you're an ex I move on, no going back

• nope and yes. if you're ex is the sort of person that will move on, then you'll be in trouble. if not then you're good to go but honestly no contact is a shitty thing overall.

• I think it sounds a bit silly, as many people try to forget about their exes. It seems as though it would only help them avoid thinking about you.

• I also have doubt about it, but I see so many people share their experience about the no contact rule

• that is cool and it is called the respect my body rule. don't use as a toy for your pleasures. Should be necessary in most relationship and broken only when married.

• its a good way to get over them. nothing more, nothing less.

• as long as there is no other person waiting behind the bush to snatch your partner,
    it only works if your partner is not having any substitute to you in his\her life

• I like it when people signal to me how they are worthless human beings with this no contact crap. Makes life easier.

• It won't work.

Maybe you give some time at first because you are both hurt. But the chances that it will make him or her want you back aren't very high.

• no it doesn't works in our country as long you as out of contact with your ex, chance r very thin for reunion

• Thank you, dear friend. It seems you care about me a lot

• Nothing, just breaking up problem and I'm trying to overcome

• Okay if you need any advice assistance anytime just send me message I m available fr you

• Not a good idea, I still keep in contact with my ex, trying to keep giving her money as the cat is better off with her!

• Retarded. Why would I even want an ex back?

• I don't think so

• That is both a sadistic and a masachistic way of doing things, what a terrible thing to do to someone.

• another name: mind games.
    that is not going to work. If you want it, follow it!

• Thanks, I cut off with my ex just to heal my heart, and so surprise to hear that the NC could bring him back

• Haha you're right, I feel more comfortable to talk with strangers here. They don't know me so they don't judge me

• They do but we don't care of it :)

• nope!

• slap that bitch up

• It's another one of these things women think work, like making an ex jealous or threatening to kill themselves, there's loads
    Bottom line is they're never the best way to deal with the problem, not even close
    I have more confidence in fortune-telling and rain dances, really

What Girls Said 11

• If he's an ex because he did some unacceptable crap that damaged me or we both grew out of love and both agree it's best to part ways, I don't play games in winning him back. I distance myself in not contacting him to move past him. An ex becomes an ex for a reason.

• Yes it works it makes your ex misses you and see how time without you feels like.

• The rule should be - Once your ex left, change the locks. If not - they might come back and it is not going to be good

• It will eork omly if your ex has feelings for you

• doesn't work out the best thing to do is to continue talking or even meeting new people while talking to them so either you can get over them or so they can get jealous.

• I don't reach in the trash can for something good to eat🤷🏾‍♀️ this is dumb

• nope sorry

• Why would you want to win back your ex? The break up happened for a reason.

• I tired as a way to get back with an ex but in the process managed to find happiness again and realise I don't really want them back. It's been 4 months since we broke up now and I started to feel this way after 2.
    Whatever your objective, YES, no contact is definitely the best way to go.

• We tried that but didn't work for that long. We were back in each other's arms not that long after

• I think it works to a certain point. if you and the other person just broke up then the "No contact rule" could work but if its been a while and the other person isn't getting it, then they won't.