Is he really your ex if you live with him and sleep with him?

we been "broke up" for a while now, but we live together, pay bills together, sleep together, and share the bed together, we spend time together and we don't see other people, we kiss, hug, play around etc and even tell each other I love you fron time to time. Are we really broken up? Or is there something I'm missing? we dated over 3 years before we "broke up".

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a complicated situation. I recommend you just try and focus on finding your own place ASAP

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't sound like you broke up at all. Do you want to be together?

• I do, he is the one who insists "I'm not his girlfriend." Yet he gets upset if I talk to other guys, gets jealous if I see other guys, looks through my phone. I have to tell him if I'm going somewhere or who I'm with, he checks up on me etc. plus all the other things we do. It's a very confusing situation.. and I don't understand nor know what to do..

• Ask him to define the relationship once and for all. Either he wants to be a couple, or he wants to be just roommates. He can't act like a boyfriend (and a rather jealous one at that) without the commitment. This will likely involve you taking control of the situation, which may be scary for you (since you're currently being passive and this requires being assertive... No judging; I'm the same way). But it's necessary.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope

• People focus too much on labels definitions, titles.
    Do what you want. Feel what you feel.

• nah you ain't broken up...

What Girls Said 1