Is it true ice cream is what you eat when you are super depressed?

Like we see in the movies/TV shows?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people emotionally eat, though it doesn't necessarily have to be ice cream

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

What Girls Said 14

• Yes, to a degree. But so is your other favorite foods. I'm not the type to do so for any reason. But Ice cream is usually something you can easily but, pick up out of the fridge and just eat it. But I also think psychologically because you feel dead and cold inside, so is the ice cream to remain you that you are.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the person, and even on the situation. For me, it could be pretty much any comfort food. Ice cream, Chinese food, pizza, Mac and cheese, etc. Just depends what my emotions are craving lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah when I'm depressed/upset/sad, I start buying a lot of desserts and also a lot of junk food. And just eat until I pass out to sleep lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm more of a brownie or chocolate chip cookie dough girl than ice cream

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you feel cool after eating it?

• At first there is a momentary satisfaction, but then I realize how many calories I've consumed and how far I have to run to burn it off. At that point I just feel worse lol

• lol you worry too much about gaining fat than what made you super depressed

• It makes me feel better. I think it occupies your hands and mind while you scoop and eat. Also dessert releases pleasure chemicals in the brain.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just draw or play drums when I'm sad. It helps me vent.

0|1
    0|0
  • no i love ice cream and il eat it even if im shitting rainbows all day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just eat whatever I want. Although ice cream usually goes on the list with chips and chocolate

0|1
    0|0
  • My go to is Madeleine cookies 😅 But ice cream helps lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't. I don't even eat it when I'm happy

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't eat anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • when I'm depressed I don't need anything

0|1
    0|0
  • ill binge on ice cream

0|1
    0|0
  • i eat everything

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• I've noticed when I get stressed I like crave fatty foods like peanut butter. It's ok cause I'm not over weight it gets less and less over time.

So I'd imagine it's the samething with the ladies. Not all of them ofc some just American women..

0|1
    0|0
    • But you will gain wait by eating that !

• Show All
    • Likewise

• 👍👍

• Not me. I don't get depressed, but if I have some anxiety, I'm LESS likely to eat as much, or to drink alcohol

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe it's true for some people but definetely not for everyone

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually lose my appetite all together after a break up.

0|1
    0|0
    • wow that's bad how do you cover it?

• cover what? how do I deal with it? lose a bunch of weight get back into shape and move on. there is no tricks or ways to make it easier. the more important the lose the worse it is.

• indeed

• Yes, but really anything with sugar as we don't usually have ice-cream.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thats a question for Sheldon lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I eat savory snacks when I'm depressed.

0|1
    0|0
  • i dont think thats true.

0|1
    0|0
  • Haven't even though of buying any in months..

0|1
    0|0
  • yeee

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. For me it's smoked brisket.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only with a jack Daniels sause

1|1
    0|0
  • That or meth

0|1
    0|0
    • lol high af

• Sounds like you will be joining the guy above... just the toppings will be different. Jack for him, crystal for you. Lol 😂

Recommended myTakes