Do you feel like once you love someone, some part of you will always love that person no matter the circumstance?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Once you love someone, there will always some affection in your heart for that person, but those feelings won't necessarily be love.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you truly love someone, a part of you would always love them, even if it didn't work out for the both of you as a couple. Love is not formed by seeing only the good in a person or somehow not being able to let go due to attraction etc. Love means that you see the imperfections and flaws in the person and accept them for who they are. You choose to see past the bad and understand that even if it didn't work out or if you were not compatible that they are still a good heart which you fell for. So that can never change. In response to the notion that 'people change over time' that is correct. However bad they have changed, did drugs, attitude makeover, if you really loved them initially you would still love them. Maybe they are now rude, have other problems or is disrespectful but you would always see the person as a good person who may just be going through a tough time etc and would wanna help them in anyway possible. However if someone it is apparent that they are like this and have been like this as it is who they are/were then you never actually loved them and all along was blinded by the good things you chose to see. Love is accepting the person; seeing the good and seeing past the bad and if the person changes, seeing the good and helping them through the bad. Love doesn't change, unless it is NOT love.

What Guys Said 5

• No, it's like a hard drive, you can overwrite anything if you want.

• i disagree wit that.

• yeah

• yup but a broken heart can kill for real

• I think it depends a lot on whether or not you really move on, if you keep in touch and how sentimental you are as a person. I do not love any of my exes anymore, I am indifferent to them. If I were to break up with my current partner though, given we are pretty much inseparable, I can't imagine not still loving him in some way.

What Girls Said 4

• what if the person changes and not is the same anymore. its not the love that hinders or the person that hinders, its the emptiness that hinders coz you were with him m emotionally and mentally for so long.

• Yes, and it hurts every single time i see that person. eventhough it has been a long time since last i had crush on that person, but it's like "my door will be open any time you knock"

• Not really

• Agree