Sort of, kind of ghosting my boyfriend?

I've been dating this guy for not even a month. He went off to work across the country and didn't even talk to me about what was going to happen before he left. He's my first relationship and it just wasn't what I expected it to be. He's said I love you to me and I can't say it back because I don't feel it. Lately I've been ignoring his calls and texts because I can't seem to build the courage to talk to him. Before he left town he tried to pressure me into sex and that's been haunting my thoughts. I wasn't for that and it just sucked. It completely turned me off. I would've hoped he respected what I told him from the beginning that I wasn't going to have sex. I know I've lost all interest and I feel so bad but it is what it is. I know I'm being a coward for ghosting him but I can't deal with talking to him. To top it off I'm drowning in all my college work and I can't be talking to him all day. My career will always be above things. I just don't know what to do. How do I break it to him? Do I keep the contact minimal so he starts getting the idea?

03

What Guys Said 3

• better off sending a text.. "hey can we talk?" And just explain your feelings, he'll understand. It's only okay to ghost when he won't accept your explanation/decision... if u ghost now, you're reinforcing your anxiety.. and avoiding him will only begin a pattern where u avoid uncomfortable situations or convos with others someday down the road... be brave... Also, you don't have feelings of attraction for him. That in itself is enough haha... I don't get why people date people they don't feel for... you're missing out... oh yeah and the sex thing.. he sounds needy.. say your piece and move on.

• The first and most important thing is to stop worrying. Once you've told him, just ignore him until he gives up. If he comes back later, be friendly because you never want to lose a friend even though he did something stupid.

• Nope. Over text break up with him.

What Girls Said 0