Friends with benefits with ex?

Good idea or bad? Should friends with benefits just be for people who were never in love?

817

Most Helpful Guy

• bad idea, you will always have feelings for them, better to just move on and go with someone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did it with an ex boyfriend for a while because I felt comfortable with him.
    No emotions attached.

What Guys Said 16

• not necessarily.. but it is risky usually 1 person is just about sex. and the otber is not but says they are just to possibly have a chance to rekindle the love. you would need to, talk it out hardcore before you get after it

• mine was after I got a divorce.. Allowed me to have intimacy without love but with a trusting friend, who I love in a different way. Just sucks if your friends with benefits starts to fancy you.

• I have NEVER ever heard of a good friends with benefits relationship between exes. It just feels like a contrived way of trying to "milk" a dead relationship while expecting all the emotional stuff to just magically vanish just because you call it "fwb".

• Could you handle the idea of finding someone else other than you for sex and quite possibly a relationship?

• baddddddd ideaaaa

• Bad Idea, never ends well. As soon as either of you start seeing other people, old emotions conflict.

• good idea as long as both of you accept the fact that each of you might be seeing other people as well and you both need to be ok with it.

• hellllll no!

• Horrible idea!

• Bad Idea unless you think there's a chance you two might get back together

• awesome idea

• no feelings

• its gonna end up you talking to him and friend with benefits like sex?

• It distinctly depends on the nature of the break up and your current friendship.

• hell nah dude, this always ends up in s trainwreck

• yes if you can keep it on that level it's great

What Girls Said 7

• Your question implies you know the answer to this question...

Let me rephrase your question - having a friends with benefits situation with your ex - what do you hope to get from it? Great sex with no attachment? Or something else?

If your answer is something else, then do not do it. That is my advice.

Good luck.

• just don't have friends with benefits because one always ends some up falling for the other, especially if you are going to be friends with benefits with an ex.

• If you can control the situation, well then go for it. But I suggest you not because it may go in a situation wherein the two of you would feel hurt about that kind of arrangement.

• It's a bad idea

• very very bad idea its called friends with benefits for a reason

• Awful idea. Someone will wind up hurt

• So bad.

Just... terrible idea.