Where to find motivation to get over a breakup?

I've been in a long distance relationship for about 2 years, but recently we decided that it will not work because neither wanted to move permanently to the other's place. I feel like this was the right decision for both of us, but I'm feeling really lonely right now. We decided to remain friends; we used to talk on Facebook every day and that helped me maintain some balance, as I had someone to talk to, but now she deleted her account and even though I sent her a text to ask if she still wants to talk as friends and she said yes, I don't feel like texting her too much cause maybe she needs to get over it too and her deleting the only place where we could really talk was a clear sign to me in that direction. So now I'm struggling a bit, because I don't have anyone to talk to and getting a new relationship doesn't happen over night (at least not this night). Any suggestions of what to do to not feel lonely?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude space is hella important. Zero contact for a year is like ideal.
    If you want go on a couple tinder dates try to bang something new, then after that start a new hobby. Go to the gym take it easy read some books. Just absorb yourself in self improvement.
    If you're really heart broken you aren't going to want to do shit, you'll have those days. Go for a walk at least. Avoid the booze but a couple days a month hammered ain't hurtin nobody. Just don't go hard often

• completely agree and I think that's what I'll do. Thanks.

• @Anoukkadijk well then, I guess I'm lucky I'm not in Germany now. I'd drink all the beer in the country. What we have here is pish posh.

• Ha my last bad break up was in Germany. Something in the water maybe. On a side note I'd go with liquor if you're gonna drink your pain away. Cheaper, less calories.

What Girls Said 5

• It will be hard for the first couple of weeks, but it will do you good to just delete her so that you can get over her. You can go on a sport or join some sort of club that sound interesting to you and meets with your interests as a person. This way you can finf people that are interested in the same things as you. You can also focus on some sort of goal you wan to achieve as an individual and really go for it and put your effort in it etc. This way you gain confidence in yourself, and increasy your personal development and you will be distracted to :)

• I did too, no talk , no share even pics , i won't look back lonely? nah I v own hobbies ; reading, knitting, chatting friends etc. try to find ur solution , sometimes I think alone is better noone can hurt you.

• Tyr and hang out with friend.

• It's perfectly normal to feel what you are feeling and don't deny it. Try to focus on yourself, what is something you love to Do? Maybe focus on that.

• enjoy life

What Guys Said 0