Should I break up with him because his mom is racist?

My boyfriend is Russian and I am Indian.
His mom said to him, "why couldn't you find a white girl?" and said something racist to me in Russian. My boyfriend didn't tell me what she said because it was very offensive.
I am very hurt.
He said he doesn't care what she thinks and still wants to be with me.

730

Most Helpful Guy

• So long as he is willing to work to protect you from her racism, then it's not his fault, and you should give him the benefit of the doubt. If you ever have kids, expect her to come crawling back on her hands and knees to see the kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• new a guy at 7/eleven his mom would cut out his inheritance if he dated other than Indian women , and basically called white girls whores right in front me, a customer. everyone has there own opinion. its when other people think I want to hear there opinion, that's when we have a problem.

What Guys Said 29

• Do you date his mother? No? Then why do you care so much?

• Absolutely not. Why would his mother's opinion of you change anything?

• my parents are like that too. they'd be freaked out if I brought someone other than white home, but sometimes people need to be challenged. your boyfriend is obviously a good guy and he can't help how his parents feel. sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad if you really love each other

• As long as he will stand up for you, then you should stay with him. If he waivers, then you should move on, because he won't have your back.

• If you are not looking for lesbian sex with his mother, then its ok to be with HER SON, let me repeat her SON.

• I said the same thing, but then you have children. How will grandma react to her indian Children? If you say that doesn't matter, it might matter to him.

• @Djicee of course people are idiot and you can't change them.

• That being said, In the long term is it worth it?

• Are you in a relationship with his mother?

• You shouldn't break up with him outright, but make it clear you will not be treated like that. If he's your partner he should come to your defense, like you should go to his. He should make it painfully clear to his mother that she will NOT talk about you that way in either of your presence.

• why Should You Break up Because Of His Mom.

You're In a Relationship Because Of You And Him. Not Ethnicity, Nationality, Race Or Whatsoever.

Tell Her Shut The Fuck Up In Your Native!

• I know it's easier said than done but don't leave him because of his mom just because his mom is racist doesn't mean he is

• Again being Indian you may be emotional with family and connections... Better to find family who can accept one as she is

• no you shouldn't love has no colour

• no you shouldn't breakup...

it matters what the guy deserves not about what his mother deserves...

• You aren't marrying his mother. Follow your heart

• My good old friend was Russian and married an indian woman... i dont speak to them anymore cuz the indian woman was very manipulative. .. nd sucks that my friendship with him ended like that.

• why are you letting what others think of you get in your way? you look in a mirror what do you see?

• Everything that bothers you now will "likely" be ten times worse when you marry (or decide to stay with him). If this is going to be a problem for you in the long term than it might not be worth it.

• well dont, you're not dating his mom, just ignore her.
    by the way im russian from both sides.

• he is with you thats enough.
    recism is everywhere in the world but we have to learn to deal with it

• few of my friends done internship to russia they were talking about recism in russia. they dont allow indians in bars and clubs. whole society except few have the same mentality

• you'll be punishing him for something outside of his control

• though, you need to let him know that he may have to choose between you or his mother-if she won't accept you simple due to being an Indian.

• Just ignore his mom

• probably not

• Nop, he is he, his mother is his mother

• No. He's clearly not like his racist bitch of a mother.

• Yes only if he doesn't stick up for you when his mom says racist things

• Nope stay with him to piss her off

• he's using u for sex simple leave him or be left it will never work vox if his mum

• Now days u get less one whom supports there love, ur lucky he is still with u...

• u should.

• Fact is public perception is the issue, let's get the truth train on track

What Girls Said 6

• welll.. I'm confused now.
    Are you dating him? Or his mother?

• Why does her opinion upset you so much?

Forgive me. I don't speak to my own mother, I don't really understand why you are seeking perfection from his.

• That sucks..

• If you don't feel comfortable anymore and you will have to live with his mother, then don't be with him.

• no u shouldn't

• well, you're with him not his mother dont break up if you have feelings for him