What was the point of my ex reaching out when he is about to move 3 hours away?

We dated for 2 years and he stopped treating me right and took me for granted. He always came first and made me feel like I didn't have a place in his life. He planned on moving/ transferring out of state to follow unrealistic dreams I didn't agree with and made this his #1 priority. He had good days sometimes which were always amazing but he became hard to be around. It was hard to leave because I loved him so much.
Anyway, after 2 months of no contact, he reached out that he missed me and wished I could have gone to a concert with him. This happened the week before he started school and was about to move 3 hours away. Then we get to talking about why I left and he admits to being super selfish and stubborn. He tells me he thinks about me everyday and all he wanted for the longest time was to see me but here he is about to leave for school. He told me he was sorry for what he put me through and that he hopes I find someone who treats me right.
What was the point of him reaching out to me? Because I am confused. He told me he comes up on the weekends for his job. Do you think he wants to try to see me or reunite? What was his aim?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• He is trying to apologise for being "selfish and stubborn" and most likely wants to patch things up, doesn't necessarily mean he wants to get back with you, maybe just like leave on good terms.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys can say that but it doesn't always mean they want to get back with you it can be they've realized where they messed up. Now this doesn't mean dnt believe what he says but do realize actions are what counts the most. You need to realize do you really want to give it another try remember how you felt back than what if it happens again.. are you willing to get hurt again.. he can very well change but really thing of what your heart wants and go from there.. maybe you can just start as friends again and eventually see where to go from there

What Guys Said 4

• he's feeling lonely, I wouldn't suggest trying to spark a flame because it will be harder and morning painful then the first time

• Move on and Leave him

• He reached out to you because he missed you. I honestly don't blame him for leaving you either.

Couples are supposed to build each other up and help each other go after their dreams.

"He planned on moving/ transferring out of state to follow unrealistic dreams I didn't agree with"

That line right there said it all. If anyone is selfish it's you.

• If I was with you, I'd hope you support me no matter what... that's what you'd want?, right?

What Girls Said 1