Feeling depressed in your early twenties? Should you break up because you're depressed? Thoughts?

Are you around this age and have you started to feel more depressed? Did you feel depressed when you were this age? Would you break up with someone simply because you're depressed?

I don't know if this is just a bad year for me, but everyday feels like my dreams that I've held all my life are slowly slipping further and further away from me as the cold reality of life begins to sink in. I don't feel anything when I'm with my girlfriend anymore, we can do anything and I still just feel empty inside. I used to feel like the happiest guy in the world when I was with girls. What do you think?

10

What Girls Said 1

• it isn't your partners responsibility to make you happy. you both have to make yourself happy then embrace that joy with eachother. if you are not happy you need to do some soul searching. figure out what will make you happy and just do it.

• I never said it was her responsibility, however if I'm not feeling anything with her, I don't believe it's fair on her for me to stick around. I'll be happy when I reach my goals, which seems to be becoming more and more difficult unfortunately.

• well then end things with her and go after your goals. do what makes you happy. life is too short to settle

What Guys Said 0