Who is still hung up on their ex? How long has it been? Why?

What are you trying to do if you to get over them or to get them back?

317

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been hung up on my ex for the past four years. I thought it was because I still loved her and no on else could take her place! After going back to her three times, I have found that I can not give my love to someone like her that does not return her love to me. In my case I was just setting myself up for failure and further abuse! I deserve better than that, so I am moving on!

• Good for you man. Why did you come back three times?

• Oh wow. You're here now, a survivor. Keep moving on.

• One day at a time! Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• i was somehow thinking about my ex for a long while after breaking up, was having him on my mind, because i felt it was kind of unfinished. i just ned to close the chapter, to resolve that and have that last talk. so I did. simply text him and he answered. we found out we felt the same about it and none of us said a thing. we talk it through and voila... im free again

What Guys Said 16

• After a year relationship she suddenly broke with me declaring she really wanted me in her life blah blah but as friends. We'd spent a week apart and she worked herself up into this. After this she wanted me to go to a concert with her 3 days later-told her no, I need time and didn't want to see her yet. She keeps texting me wanting to see me, saying she misses me and wants me in her life. Inviting me to parties, wanting to talk. I keep telling her I need distance right now. Its been 3 weeks since she broke with me-I do not know if this is some stupid game or she really wants to friend zone me.
    My response is "Minimal Contact Rule" - thoughtful minimal texts nicely saying I need some distance from you. While I'd love to get back with her my response works for both scenarios. If its a game or she's thought better then she has to pursue me; I know she feels my absence. If its not, its the best way to move on and heal. If its the latter then I probably will accept friend zone after 4-6 mos. because I truly do enjoy her. But my minimal contact rule serves both possible scenarios. Frankly she's somewhat High Maintenance although really special too-I might be better off without her.

• The thing is I think she only wants your attention not your love. There's a difference. Yes you need to work on yourself. You better off without her.

• Over it, backstabbing, abusive and manipulative. It just feels great, it feels like I'm taking back the time I've lost, she sent me on a dark path... fuck fake friends.

• hell yes! snakes belong in the jungle, not in your life

• I am. It's been 25 years since I was dumped. 24 years since I last saw her.

• I'm still hung up on her but she has a boyfriend now... I hate getting flashback of us and the things we had together..

• how long has it been and what have you been doing to deal with the pain and trying to get over her?

• oh wow. :/ so why are you still hung up on her? Did you date someone else after her?

• The sex she gave me was always good and we always had good interests in each other... I still date but it's nothing serious or a long relationship.

• I'm about 95% over her. I'm going to contact her in five months after I'm finished losing weight, and if it doesn't work out at that point, then we'll be done permenantly.

• why 5 months later? What if she thinks you are totally over her? why that long?

• what if she is already over you by then?

• She's already over me now. She's the one who broke up with me. But, if she ever felt anything towards me, then she'll feel something then. Besides, she has a boyfriend right now, so I have to give them a few months to break up.

• I'm not hung up but I often wonder about how she thought then and how she'd be and think now.

• Nope, Im able to Literally move on within 24 hours, after that you got no hope of us getting back together as I've already processed everything emotionally and left all the baggage behind

• within 24 hours? did you dump them or they did? I think my last ex did that to me. How?

• false is that even true? lol i dont think so

• I know ow it austin powers but this is pretty much me after a break up https://youtu.be/4ONo_cA6qAU

• Im over it but scars are left

• Well, I’m not, it was long time ago, but every time it took me long time to get over it.

• Why did it take long for you to get over her? Who broke up with who? What was the cause of breakup?

• I don’t know, it was just pain, for months and years. I was way more invested in that than her. In the first case I ended it up, because it just didn’t work anymore, but the fact is, that the relationship gradually decayed for moths. And she just took the comfort of not doing anything while she was getting together with another guy. In second relationship, it was just some message from her, or maybe from someone else, that she is with someone else now. It’s long time ago, I don’t remember. The last one…it was her, I would say. But also, it’s 4 years ago. She has changed.
      In pretty much all the cases, I knew, how it will end up. There was this voice in back of my head, which whispered (the song and its lyrics, which broth you two together, will be perfect description of the end of this relationship. And then it was. In case of my first), how thigs will go.
      And it happened recently, with my last crush. “Dude, and what if you’ll see her just this once and then never again?” Yep. Exactly.

• I was for like 2 years. I liked her a lot. Learned a good lesson.

• 2 years? How long was the relationship?

• Not long enough to warrant such a lengthy recovery.

• uh, I was for a long time. But I realized that she wasn't really good for me or what I was looking for in the end so I let it go. that said, I have chased an ex before to get her back.

• How long did we're you hung up on her for and why?

• well that's the big question, was it? only he knows.

• if the love was even real?

• It's only been 4 months but I still love her like crazy, she still loves me but wants to move on

• have you been reaching out?

• were keeping in touch at uni, were going to meet up but we've just had an argument and stopped again

• Im not

• I miss the sex, sure. Even 20 years later.

But I found out who she really was as a person after we split up.

But I gotta say, I can't help comparing her with others sexually.

And no, it's not healthy.

• Dang, she must be an animal in bed lol

• You get hung up on ex's, when you're attention starved. Ex's only bring drama. Find your attention elsewhere

• It's been almost two years we're still friends and hang out but I still love her and want her back

• two years? so what's stopping you?

• You never dated anybody else after you guys broke up?

• @leader no I haven't

What Girls Said 2

• never had an ex

• Every time my on and off boyfriend of a year and a half broke up I was still hung up on him. The last time he broke up with me was around January/February and I still love him but he didn't want the drama anymore. I can't blame him but I do want him back. Now we work for the same company and I have to see him every once in a while. He hasn't spoken to me just smiled and waved. I know he'll never come back tho, which kills

• That's the worst when you see them everyday. It's harder to get over them.