My friend is trying to date my ex?

I'm going through a break up right now, and it's not made any easier by the fact that my friend is acting out on her crush on my ex. Today marks 2 weeks him and I have split, and she's been awol. We haven't spoken, and it's been confirmed by a few friends that she's now hanging out with him constantly. I feel betrayed, and hurt. Is there anyone out there who's dealt with this, and has advice on moving past?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's an ex and as a "friend", I suspect she won't be hearing from you much at all in the future either. You certainly can't control people.

At the same time, people become couples for a reason. You remember that game where toddlers put different shaped pieces into a hollow ball? The star goes through the star opening, the round one through the round one, and so on? Consider the fact that he doesn't fit into your life and you won't match his. Let him go and let your friend deal with his "differences". He's soon to be her problem to deal with.

Smile, hold your head high and go on with YOUR life. There's a lot of people out there to gain new friends and a new boyfriend. You're going to be OK.

• I never thought of it that way. Thank you so much for your insight, that helps a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• This sucks. Cut her and your ex off completely. Snakes will always be snakes no matter how many times they change skin. People don't date their friends' exes.

• Thank you. I'm trying my best to stay away from them but it's just hard, since we're in the same group of friends.

• I know what you mean. :/ be strong.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I have except my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. Find a new guy and get rid of the friend. Because she's not a friend and you deserve so much better. Im here if you need anymore advice xx

• Thank you so much. I'm having a hard time with the moving on process since we run in the same group of friends. I feel like all I can do is remove myself from the group while I get over this, but that doesn't feel right either..

• Thats not right there your friends too. Stay in the group, but maybe focus on your other friends and just dont talk to her

• he is your ex so don't care it