Girls, My boyfriend says he can't date me because he's "not good enough" and I don't know what to do?

So basically him and I would always get into little arguments because he did something wrong. This happened a lot, but I told him how he could fix himself so that he could be better. He continued to do the same things and now he's breaking up with me because he "can't do anything right"... and he's saying he can't talk to me at all or anything and he's ignoring ALL my calls and texts. :( and he yells at me whenever I say things can be better. Is it that he doesent want things to get better or does he just not want to try? Also, since we've broken up which was just a few days ago, he's been following all the girls he knows I'm jealous of on Instagram? Is the "I'm not good enough for you" just an excuse? We dated for over a year and I'm really upset about this because I would never expect him to break up with me because I thought he loved me a lot. :(

2

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion if "he doesn't want things to get better" or if "he just doesn't want to try" are equally bad... right now it sounds like he's done with your relationship and there's nothing you can do about it. Also, you say you never expected him to break up because you though he loved you: I hope it's also the case that you never wanted him to break up because you love him... So yeah, if you really love him and don't want to lose him, I think you should try and talk to him again. Let him know how you feel and that you want to make it work. Also try to really listen to him beyond his "I'm not good enough" excuse. Oh and if he continues to yell at you when you say you think things can be better, maybe you're better off without him...

• I told him how I felt and that I really wanted to make it work but all he says is "we can't date things aren't going to get better." And he's not replying to any of my texts, not even checking up on me or anything :(

• Probably just an excuse. He going out of his way to make you jealous despite knowing your reaction speaks volumes.