How to get back my long distance ex boyfriend, please help me?

He broke up with me after 2 years together. It was less than 1 week ago. However its not the first time. Its second or even third. He said he's been thinking about it for 2-3 weeks. However, he say he just feels he needs space and he doesn't feel he has someone (me) or wants to have someone. He said "its like my feeling for it went away" and doesn't know when he will want to share something again. He said exactly the same last time we broke up.. that he needs just "space". We agreed to remain friends (last time when we broke he suggested the same) and he reads my messages more often now and he answer my calls, we even did our tasks together on video call these days and he said he isn't upset or annoyed by me but he looks angry , tired and sad. His friend , which is also his roommate told me he always has a sad face too. I told him he is too negative person and when i asked him about a positive thing in his life he said "im a bit lucky man coz i had a quite good girlfriend" I think he just has a bad mood but he won't admit, its clearly he still loves me and as day passes, he will feel better and come come back to me.. is this possible? He is a bit stubborn and full of ego and he won't say "ok" without a good reason. Last time i told him i have graduation exams and i need him to stay with me till then, so he did.. he truly doesn't want to break, he is just moody and stubborn. This was around 4 months ago. This time, what to tell him? I need a reason, it works with him! Something sad, or important event and he will know "we can pass it again". Please give me some idea!
2
1