"I love you, goodbye" - he wrote this to me before finally cutting me off. What does this mean?

This was his last message before he finally stopped initiating contact. He finally walked away. Is he really gone? He was my boyfriend of 9 months. We shared a really loving but problematic relationship. We were each other's everything, talk everyday all those 11 1/2 months. I have been reaching out to him by checking up on him but he hasn't initiated. He replies and calls me back. But never initiate. Is my love gone?

He did say too to feel free to message him on that last love email he sent me before walking away... if we have to go separate ways, why open the lines of communication if it's over?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• "We shared a really loving but problematic" whatever.

Even if it's not over it needs to be. Even if him "keeping the lines open" meant he wants you still (it doesn't, he can miss you and think it's a terrible idea to be together), it needs to not be. Let it go

• After we broke up 3 months ago, he kept reaching out. I felt like he strung me along for him to get over me. He's gone isn't he?

• For both of your sakes, yes

What Guys Said 3

• the only explanation for his message:
    he doesn't hate you, but (I love you, goodbye) is a tax for that relationship, and not because he wants that relationship to go on.

he thinks he owes you unless you stop trying. he'll forget and start living his life all over.

be bold and find the courage to change things that should be changed and accept that there are some things that cannot be changed.

Good luck...

• It's over permanently and completely and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. If he does initiate contact it's just so he can use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else

• He can't stand being "just your friend"

• Nah he friend zoned me...

• No such thing as "just a friend" hun, it doesn't exist..

What Girls Said 1

• If you had an unhealthy relationship odds are good he decided it best to part ways