Why has he changed his mind about our future?

A few months ago I broke up with my boyfriend because we were doing long distance (he is in Asia, while I am in America). We broke up because he couldn't tell me when he would be back, maybe years from now, and I couldn't handle the uncertainty. He was upset but understood. We both mutually agreed to remain friends and to plan for us to be together someday when he came back.

Now he's telling me that he can't promise we'll be together when he is back, that he is going to date again (which I encouraged because it's only fair) and that he does not know if he will be seriously committed to this next person. He tells me he still wants a future with me, but if that can't happen, he still wants to keep me as a friend in his life. He just isn't able to tell me that he won't commit to someone new seriously and this scares me.

Just a couple of months ago he was afraid to lose me, and now he's moving onto to considering someone new and jeopardizing our future. I am open to dating but I never considered thinking about someone else for the future while he now is. Why?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You thought that you'd ride a bunch of other cocks while has was gone, then pick up right where you left off years later after you'd lost your youth and attractiveness. And you thought he'd ACTUALLY go for this?

Hahahahaha!

I'll give him props for messing with your head enough that you asked this question. But he should have kept up the illusion until you decided that you'd "had your fun" (translation: ridden hundreds of cocks and now looking for a simp with a fat wallet) and THEN told you he wanted nothing to do with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's it for you in your head but his uncertainty about everything makes you question if he will ever be able to commit when the time comes. Its understandable

What Guys Said 3

• Doesn't matter. He's done with you so get over it

• because he is being a realist. if he dates someone else. he can not be sure what feeling will come of it. he is being true and honest so that all parties will understand the possible out come.

• Well, he's hogging.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!