Does anyone here have divorced parents? If so, can you tell me your experience with it and how you handled it?

My parents are getting a divorce and I just wanted some reassurance... sounds stupid but it would really help. Any stories/ experiences you guys have, please share. Thanks :)

23

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents were divorced. Was really no big deal. Unless it impacts your life directly, you'll start to not really notice or care.

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents got divorced when I was 5, nothing really changed for me apart from getting 2 lots of Christmas presents and birthday presents.

• Lucky, in a way! A cousin has her birthday on 24th December, and so many people just give one present for both. Pisses her off something rotten!

What Guys Said 2

• Ehh my parents been divorced since i was 3 its never been a big issue. I spend 4 days with mom 3-4 with dad.
    My parents never beefed my dad always got me whatever i needed and so did my mom.
    Double Christmas and birthdays. Swtich it up every Halloween.
    They both came to my parent and teacher conferences

But when i was 4 or 5 i was a little bitch and use to cry when my dad left. i use to watch him drive away on the balcony and bawl my eyes out. He drive back and say why u crying im back in 4 days lol

• yes I have I can help you with anything

What Girls Said 1

• Just to say it is not your fault. They may not love each other any more. They may never have loved each other. They both should still love you, and you should love them equally. Just do not take sides.