How do you know when it's time to break up?

I'm in my first relationship. November will be two years. Since I met him I knew he wasn't the one I was going to marry, but things went well and I was intrigued to go further being I was never in a relationship before. Well now we're comfortable with each other and obviously friends. I'm not IN LOVE with him, but I love him for loving me.

I've been honest with him multiple times by telling him I don't see myself marrying him/I'm curious to date other people etc.
It's always brushed off like "don't stress about it, we haven't been dating that long"

We've kind of had a very easy relationship. Taking it day by day. Which I liked. But lately I've been getting more curious what else is out there.. I feel like I could be missing out... At the same time- it scares me to completely end what I have now.
I never experienced a break up before. Ugh :(

15

Most Helpful Guy

• When the bad outweighs the good

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd just be honest and explain that you're sorry. Then break all contact and explore yourself :) same thing happened to me for 5years and after I broke it off I felt so much more happy.

What Guys Said 4

• Well in your situation u really need a break and there are no easy way to make him understand either.

• When you're thinking about somebody else

• When conversations get boring & there nothing to talk about, no excitement anymore

• Then I'll help you

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!