Can't function after being cheated on?

My ex and I decided to give it another go so we got back together. After we reconciled, we basically had sex with each other but as of yesterday, I found out that he is still seeing someone else even after we got back together. He doesn't know that I know. But I'm really shocked because I never expected this from him out of all people. Now I can't manage to sleep (I stay up all night), eat (hardly even eat once a day now), or even study for school (I'm falling back on my assignments). I decided to go back on my anti-depressants as of last night. But what can I do to help get rid of this pain/ anxiety that's not allowing me to function?

146

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it'll take some time to get back in the swing of things again, you just have to sort of tough it through though

NEVER GIVE UP

Most Helpful Girl

• okay FIRSTLY, if you guys broke up in the beginning, then you made a huge mistake by reconciling.

SECONDLY, break up with him immediately if you haven't already done so. I know how it feels like, my first boyfriend cheated on me twice and it hurt me so much. It's been 3 months but I'm still not over the heartache yet. Just yesterday night, i cried to sleep thinking about him. So i know exactly how you feel. Honestly, i don't even know what advice i can give you but if you need someome to talk you can drop me a pm (well, because i need someone to talk to too).

And maybe try distracting yourself with things you love. The way i managed to distract myself from him for a while was by finding other guys - i would say, not a good method though.

• I've never been cheated on before with the exception of now. The feeling is so bad that I get panic attacks in the middle of the night and throughout the day... my doc now has to put me on xanax to calm me down. I'm really surprised that it's been 3 months for you and you're still having a hard time. I can PM you!

• please break up with him asap alright? i know how it feels, really.

• Broke up with him yesterday!

What Guys Said 5

• Dump him seriously. Why would you be depressed, life is beautiful.

• More meds, I have manic depression and extreme social anxiety.

• If he is still cheating dump him for real...

• go have one more wild sex with full of anger, pain, full of hate and after that let him go.. getting over him will be easy

• Say you want sex again, but you wanna ride him. During this don't ride him, instead get near him and slap the shit out of him

What Girls Said 13

• Asking someone "why they are depressed, life is beautiful" is kind of ignorant :( No one chose to have depression.

I'm sorry you're going through this. He doesn't deserve you and please don't have any more sex with him. If he is able to cheat once and now you found out he cheated again then leave. You don't know if he is having sex with other women or not and that can give you unwanted diseases.

I believe that you will be able to turn this around and be happier. It takes a lot of courage and self love. Girl, you really deserve better than a cheater!!! Don't focus on his cheating ass. Focus on picking yourself back up and find new hobbies. Change your looks or do whatever you want to distract yourself from him. Don't let his loser ass distract you and put you down, especially from school. I made a huge mistake of my life letting my ex back into my world after constantly cheating on me.

It made me have horrible grades. I couldn't wake up. I wanted to die. I skipped classes slot and now I regret it.

• I really appreciate the advice! It means a lot!! I'm still currently in the healing process but maybe about a couple weeks to a month, I will happy again.

• Being cheated on was the easiest way to move on. I lost all my respect all the love I once felt for that person. I thought I wasn't gonna make it considering he was the love of my life, the man I was going to marry one day... But I had no tears to shed. it was so painful I went numb. I had classes but I was like a zombie. It took me a week to mourn my lost love. But I realized, thanks to him, he showed me he isn't worthy of me. Thanks to my amazing friends who were there for me to cheer me up. I got out of that depression without taking anything. If you need to cry, cry it out. Scream if you have to. Burn everything that reminds you of him. Let it all out until you feel nothing. One morning you will wake up, he won't mean a thing.

• Thank you that actually means a lot!! I really appreciate the advice and feedback you gave!

• it is okay that you decided to give him another chance, as we all deserve one,, but since that he is not trying to do any moves to make you trust him and feel okay again,, then he doesn't deserve it that you wait on him anymore,, i advise that you confront him and walk away, it is hard and hurts,, but you will feel much better afterwards

• Thank you, I really appreciate the advice!

• Thats a persons number one regret giving somebody who has cheated on you once another chance thats a big no no! The person will just repeat where they left of , advice from girl to girl will be to shut him from your life social media and anybody close to hem block number and make yourself busy thats what helped me and talking to other people and their advice but I didn't really wanted to talk so I just made myself busy lost some weight made my self feel good and moved on not going to lie I felt the worst at the moment that I was surely decided to suicide myself ended at the hospital the next few days went to a rehabilty place and the guy who was my "everything" never chase me to rescue me he just moved on and is still with the girl he cheated me on with but then again we all have different manners of doing it

• Leave him. I've been through the exact same thing, and if it was a mistake and he's a lovely guy and you're getting back together it's worth the pain. But this guy is a dick and you're gonna need to just move on and not look back. The struggle with sleeping, eating, and school will take a while to end because heartbreak saps your motivation away, but IT WILL GET BETTER! Just hang in there. Good luck 💞

• I know this is easier said than done. Tell him you know. Don't say anything else just say that. Block him on social media (every single site don't just keep him on so u can see), don't go looking for who the girl is an upset yourself. Turn your phone off (at least social media) for a while and go out with your friends. Socialise. It's the best medicine. U can beat anxiety. It's a tricky game, but it is possible.

• Yeah you're right, I'm going to just block him, and I should also block social media websites (or at least his page) so I'm not tempted to go look for something I don't want to see. I really appreciate that, I will try to go out with my friends more! Thank you!!

• You're welcome. U will find it hard not to look I can't lie I have a huge problem with that. Just put your phone down and find someone better.

• Break up with him, he's not worth it.

He's lucky it's not me, I'd probably be so mad at the second time going behind my back that I would be planning my wild petty revenger.

• I know this sounds weird, but you should schedule time to feel all the pain this guy has put you through. But you have to schedule it give yourself three ten-minutes sessions to grieve a day for 2 weeks, after the two weeks start cutting the time down. You owe it to yourself to study and still have a life. Allow yourself to feel the pain, just dont let it consume you

• Leave his ass. He's not worth it.

• How about you dump him what the fuck.

• Move on their is plenty of people of out there for you

• how old is he?
    how old are you?
    how long did you know each other for?
    he may just be immature? don't let him impact your health and life so negatively...

• He's 21 and I'm 20. We've known each other for 6 months. I was really blindsided by the whole situation so it came as a shock. I'm trying really hard to focus on myself but it's just too hard and painful right now. I just want this nightmare feeling to be over with, but I don't know how it can go away?

• Alright bet 😂 I'll book you a plane ticket! LOL

• yeah! where is the plane ticket to?

• break up n never get back together