Should you delete an ex off social media?

He's being an ass but I feel by deleting is letting him 'win'?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• On the contrary, it's not letting win, it's preventing him from making your life any more miserable. In fact, it could be argued that you're letting him win by refusing to block him. If he's made you believe he wins at that point he's caused you to let him keep beating you. The thing is... even if he "wins" by your blocking him... you win too. Don't let any angst against him prevent you from being free once and for all :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually I think you're letting him win if you DON'T delete him! Let him know you've had enough and you're walking away by deleting him (don't actually message him) and dismissing his attempts to annoy you. He'll realise he can't get his fun from that any more if you just cut off and ignore him, and he'll move on too with luck

So in general I'd say it depends, but in your situation I'd delete him!

What Guys Said 18

• I still have my most recent ex on FB. We do not communicate on a regular basis but we have no animosity towards each other. If I needed to delete her to move forward with my life, I would do so.

As long as you care about whether he thinks he has "won," you have not let go of him. If it matters what he thinks, then you are allowing him to have some control of your life.

• That person is now you ex. Get it? Your ex. Move on. And consider your new SO and how they would feel if they found your ex was still in your life.

• But by not deleting him, you are letting yourself lose

• letting him continue being an ass is winning in his eyes so ignore him and let go and let him think what he likes... that way you at least win your self respect back

• Get over yourself. Remove him. He's no longer part of your life and he certainly doesn't give a crap about "winning".

• Social media is irrelevant to anything that is of reality. It's all just fakeness. The playground of narcissists.

• If it is FB, you can just unfollow. You will not get any update from him.

• do you care what he thinks?

• Depends on why you leep him around. If only because you dont want to hurt his feelings then I say "To Late". I would delete unless he pays child support.

• Why do you have to keep contacts on a person to who you won't talk anymore? Are you like colleagues? If not...

• you def should

• Get rid of him.

• Nope I probably wouldn't care about them anymore
    Therefore if they leave, leave..
    if they don't, don't.

• Forget "letting him win", do you want peace and happiness in your life? If so, then getting rid of all the little bugs that plague you will help you get there. Don't let ego get the better of you

• No you shouldn't delete him.. let him know you are happy and having a normal life without him he'll try to get back but don't you ever let him

• I would have thought it would be a win for you.

• What does it matter!

• Let him win! Haha

What Girls Said 10

• Deleting him off *your* social media removes him from your life and means you don't have to (continue) to put up with the garbage he's spouting. Not only that but it gives you time to reset your own head. If you want to do what @MagicalMind suggested that's a good idea too but only if you think you can handle it without stalking his FB etc.

• What if he is not garbage

• @lukazervaki just a misunderstanding. A lot of what people end up saying on FB (and a lot of other social media but mainly FB) is basically garbage. Not to mention a lot of people tend to post stuff to annoy or hurt their ex's after breaking up. I'm talking about the posts not him as a person.

• There's really no benefit to keeping them. It's just going to make you angry or hurt or whatever over and over again. It's pure torture.

• Do it. Who cares if he 'wins'. As long as you feel better cutting him out of your life for good - you'll move on a lot faster.

• Deleting him if he's being an ass shows you're the bigger person and not bitter over the end of the relationship.

• If you're still friends with your ex, whether if it's on social media or not, it's going to be very awkward. I'd rather leave them be and move on.

• It depends , if he is still bothering you with messages and stuff > delete and block. If he isn't then don't delete him.

• No, just go on with your life and post lots of picture that show your life is better without him! I'm petty person

• Block

• Yes, let the past be in the past.

• Yes you should